Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Back to league play after a mid week win vs PSG for Europa league, our players seem tired, i think it's time to give other players some minutes since we're playing the last place team and to be honest a loss won't mean shit anyway.

My line-up would keep Gaitan and Salvio on the bench, perhaps give them some minutes towards the end of the game.
Cardozo needs to play but he's been bad of late.

Let's hope for another win :)

Starting Lineup:

Moreira
Luis Filipe, Jardel, Roderick, Carole
Filipe Menezes, Airton, Aimar, Cesar Peixoto
Jara, Kardec

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
I'd field an advanced B-team as well and rest the key players for Paris. Given that the championship is lost and the second place quite secure, the league has become a perfect competition to test a few formations and players.
As for Cardozo, he should play indeed, he urgently needs to get some confidence, maybe Portimonense could provide a few opportunities for him to do so, albeit we know that there is no team in the league that we should underestimate.
However, I'm quite confident concerning the match, but in the end it doesn't really matter.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Maximum 2 or 3 starters.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Well Jesus gave up on the title,what it matters is p.s.g game thursday.

we are playing with a b squad,21 min 0-0.....

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
0-1.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Nuno 1-1.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
The goalkeeper made a absolutely fantastic save though.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Ventura is having a very good game so far, saving left, right and centre. He's Portista though so that might be the reason.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Ventura is having a very good game so far, saving left, right and centre. He's Portista though so that might be the reason.
As are Andre Pinto, Pedro Moreira, Soares, and Daniel Candeias out there for Portimonense. ;)

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Oh well Jesus mind is in paris,that's all.

Luis Filipe one of the worst players ever to wear Benfica shirt.:howler:

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
Why Luis Felipe and not Ruben Amorim? What happened to him? Did he have a fall out with JJ?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
How was Roderick?
Along with Luis Filipe, probably the worst two players on the field. Roderick caused the penalty for Portimonense's goal with a very silly hand ball just inside the box.

I really liked Lionel Carole, the left-back. Good pace, attacks well, very tenacious defensively. Looks to be a decent replacement once Coentrao is sold in the summer.

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
I really liked Lionel Carole, the left-back. Good pace, attacks well, very tenacious defensively. Looks to be a decent replacement once Coentrao is sold in the summer.
I've seen him a few times at Nantes and he's usually made a pretty good impression. Very good defensively in Ligue 2, even though the level is a bit lower, likes to go forward as well but usually times his opportunities, the problem at Nantes though is that they haven't got a good attacking midfielder who'll provide the final ball so they struggle to score goals on a regular basis.

·
Registered
8,178 Posts
Sufficient to keep Sporting at distance. Finally we got what we were asking for, a team of substitutes who are not so used to competition (especially against a team from the relegation zone, that is rather well used to competition within their box). I'm happy for Nuno, though. :happy:
Ventura, being a Portista or not (I think that adds nothing to the motivation of a player of random small club, when they play against Benfica, motivation is omnipresent, regardless of that), had an outstanding night, man of the match for me. :thumbsup: On the other hand, we made him famous, though, a little more accuracy and he'd had a different task to fulfill then just approving from our lack of the same and saying 'Obrigado!'.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Along with Luis Filipe, probably the worst two players on the field. Roderick caused the penalty for Portimonense's goal with a very silly hand ball just inside the box.

Only watched the last 30 minuntes or so so this is good feedback, Roderick is young and can learn, Luis Filipe on the other hand is hopeless.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts