Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at what has happened so far this season the logical thing to happen in this game would be for us to lose it or at least to draw. The fact that Paços de Ferreira is desperate for points in order to escape relegation makes it an even more difficult game. Liedson being out is really the cherry on top of the turd.

Anyway, my only hope is that Sporting has done this season the exact opposite of what one expects them to do so when all expect us to drop points (including myself) I hope they will once again beat the odds.

Here is the official line-up of the game that starts in 5' (20h15 CET):

Rui Patrício
Abel - Tonel - Polga - Grimi
Miguel Veloso
João Moutinho - Izmailov
Romagnoli
Yannick Djaló - Vukcevic​

Subs: Tiago, Gladstone, Ronny, Adrien, Farnerud, Pereirinha, Purovic.

SPOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORTING!!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pathetic blunder in our defense that did not end up in the 0-1 because Edson is useless and Tonel made a miracle.

·
Administrator
25,577 Posts
come on, have mercy.....help the furniture dudes stay in the 1st league:D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now it's Cristiano that has a great run and is only stopped by a great save by Rui Patrício. We're not looking good, as expected.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJALÓ!!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Miguel Veloso's dangerous cross from a free kick on the left was badly handled by the keeper and Yannick scored easily. Very important goal for us. :)

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Paços de Ferreira 0-1 SPORTING HT

We started better, even if not in a brilliant way but Paços answered, controlled the game between minutes 15 and 25 and during that period missed an amazing sitter. On the contrary to many other times this season we've managed to hold our nerves and ended up scoring from a set piece. Since then we were clearly the better side and I hope we keep controlling the game as this one has to be won.

At the other two games involving the other candidates to reach the CL the news are not too bad. Both Guimarães and Benfica are drawing their games at Belenenses (1-1) and Estrela da Amadaora (0-0). :hopeful:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Polga now is lucky for staying on the pitch as his tackle from behind deserved a yellow and that would be the 2nd. Still, it compensates all the other times where the same happened to our opponents this season.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now Vukcevic sees a yellow for absolutely f-all. Great stuff Bruno Paixão. :rollani:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As expected we did not risk a bit in the second half and neither did Paços who didn't really look like they needed a win to stay up.

We now need one point in the last game against Boavista in Alvalade and I believe we will once again make it to the CL. :proud:

·
Registered
44,626 Posts
As expected we did not risk a bit in the second half and neither did Paços who didn't really look like they needed a win to stay up.

We now need one point in the last game against Boavista in Alvalade and I believe we will once again make it to the CL. :proud:
Proud of that?:confused:....20 points behind the leader?:confused:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts