Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All eyes of all colours are set in this classic as it may well have a decisive importance in Porto's attempt to keep ther title. All pressure is really on our opponent's shoulders because even if we lose we will still have plenty of time to recover and reach the only (modest) target that we have now set for ourselves, the 4th place. On the other hand, anything but a win will practically mean that Porto will say goodbye to the league title.

Sporting is on a high after our brilliant performance against Everton that put us in the Last 19 of the Europa League. Still I don't expect that we will have an easy game but I am optimistic for this one...

Here's our line-up, which will be the same that crushed the beefsteaks last Thursday:

Rui Patrício
Abel - Tonel - Daniel Carriço - Grimi
Pedro Mendes
Izmailov - João Moutinho - Miguel Veloso
Yannick Djaló - Liedson

Subs: Tiago, Polga, Adrien, Saleiro, Matías Fernández, João Pereira, Pereirinha.​

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

DJAAAAAAALÒ!!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice combination on the left between Speedy Djaló, Moutinho, Miguel Veloso neatly finished by in form Yannick. Great start!

1-0 after 7'

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Falcao with one of his trademark dives inside our box. Strangely no penalty was given. I wonder why...

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Liedson! Almost gets the second but Helton saves brilliantly.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Where has this sporting been all season? Then again its not even 20 min in.

FORCA SPORTING!! :D

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ridiculous offside call on Liedson who would have been alone in front of the keeper.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

IZMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAILOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOV!!!!

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On added time Marat "Dragon Hunter" Izmailov shoots a beautiful low voley and closes the first half with a golden key. :)

SPORTING 2-0 Porto at HT

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Great goal by Izmailov....Djalo scored a goal.:eek::howler:

Sporting started better,could had made the second...than after the first 15
min porto level the game anyone could had scored without creating too much.both defence look very poor.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
When we played at the Dragoum in the semis of Xixi Cup a few weeks ago I don't think we deserved to be 2 goals down at half time and in the same way I also think that a 2 goal lead is a bit exaggerated for what happened in these first 45' tonight, however that means very little because it is surely an herculean task to find a set of supporters more tired of "moral victories" than us, sportinguistas.

Having said this I do think that we deserve to be ahead as we were the better side for much of this first hald. We completely owned Porto in the first 20' staring the game with the same type of "hunger" that we've surprisingly showed against Everton just 3 days ago. We could have even got to a two goal lead by then if it wasn't for a brilliant save by Helton from one of the inumerous times that Liedson had Bruno Alves and Rolando's numbers.

Porto balanced things up and created a couple of half chances but we have managed to take again control of things always keeping an impressively high pressure not letting them build their dangerous diagonal game that usually kills off opposition.

Abel was impressive in cancelling every single Varela attempt to create danger, Pedro Mendes is showing an increasingly important role in the middle, Djaló was again very dangerous on the left (the first goal came from there), Izmailov is doing the same on the other flank and finally Liedson - brilliant in his fight against two of the best CBs playing in Portugal.

Two negative notes - Veloso, Moutinho and Djaló, three of our midfield/attacking players have been booked (all in very silly circumstances and tiredness. We've played only 3 days ago and Porto did not have a midweek game. This can bring changes at half time but I expect our counter to kill of the game sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

3-0 VELOOSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
90 second in the 2nd half Liedson escapes his markers, hits the post and in the rebound, from outside the box, Miguel "109 km/h" Veloso gives another blow to the penta. Karma my blue friends, karma.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOOOOL Liedson eating Bruno Alves with a pinch of nutmeg :dielaugh:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Completely wasted counter by Djaló's dumbness who is caught offside childishly.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
What a damn awesome few days for you guys. 3-0 to Everton and now 3-0 to Porto :happy:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Beautiful curled shot from Djaló just wide.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts