Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Must win game for us tonight against tricky Braga. Let's see if the Porto ref is going to help Sporting beating them, just like his colleagues helped Porto and Benfica.

Here is Paulo Bento's XI for the game that have just started:

Rui Patrício
Abel - Daniel Carrico - Polga - Caneira
Rochemback
Pereirinha - Izmailov
João Moutinho
Derlei - Vukcevic

Subs: Tiago, Pedro Silva, Tonel, Adrien, Romagnoli, Hélder Postiga and Rodrigo Tiuí.​

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what a chance for Sporting....but there was a killer missing in the box.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and now a great chance for Braga...but Rui was there.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
0-0 at HT

As usual Braga is a very complicated team to play against and tonight it's being no different. A balanced first half without any clear goal chance but Sporting is struggling in the last third, as it always the case when we are...Liedsonless.

Good game so far by Daniel Carrico, Pereirinha and Izmailov. Caneira should go back to Spain.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Substitution at half time for us.

Miguel Veloso IN for Caneira.

Well done PB.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unbelievable challenge of Luís Aguiar on Moutinho. No card of any colour....not even a free kick.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0-1 to Braga by Meyong at 59'....thanks to...Rui Patrício. :rollani:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tiuí comes in for Pereirinha.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

1-1 at 69'

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great turn inside the box by good ol' Derlei gives us a deserved equalizer. 20 minutes to score another.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
end to end stuff right now....Alain misses an easy one and then it's Derlei that fails a tap in.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
At 81' Renteria scores the 1-2. Where was Rochemback?

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pedro Silva comes in for Abel.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
1-3 by Mossoró. A typical is it in or is out ball but as it is against us the ref gives the goal.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
2-3 By Izmailov at 93'

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
2-3 FT

Poor game by Sporting that with this result threw away most of our chances of winning the title. Braga played well but were gifted with two mistakes of our defense and a very dubious third goal. Still, we didn't deserve to win this game.

As expected the ref not only did not help us but was always very clear on who was getting the best of all divided situations.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Obviously I didn't watch the whole game - I was busy watching Lisandro diving - but, from what I saw, Braga proved they're the best team outside the big 3. They have great players and a great coach and are a joy to watch.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Obviously I didn't watch the whole game - I was busy watching Lisandro diving - but, from what I saw, Braga proved they're the best team outside the big 3. They have great players and a great coach and are a joy to watch.

Personally I prefer Leixões' style of play but in any case it is true that both those teams are clearly ahead of the rest of our poor league, outside the top 3.

Still, it's very difficult not to be upset after having watched both Benfica and Porto being blatantly helped to beat this same Braga whilst we not only were not helped but had too many of those doubtful divided situations going against us.

·
Registered
44,603 Posts
Bragadeserved 9 points from the games with the 3 big.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Braga deserved 9 points from the games with the 3 big.
That's true...but the fact is that they've got only 3 and in the end the big team getting screwed by the refs in this story was not playing in blue nor in red.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts