Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Culé y Benfiquista
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In today's press conference, Jorge Jesus said he hoped he learned enough from past matches to win Saturday's game and win the league. He went on to say he has the utmost confidence in Pedro Proença and the past is not important.

"Espero que tenha aprendido o suficiente para amanhã [sábado] ganharmos o jogo e sairmos vencedores do campeonato."

Sobre a nomeação de Pedro Proença, garantiu que "o passado não importa" e que antes do jogo tem sempre "a máxima confiança em toda a gente."

·
Culé y Benfiquista
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
He also reminded the press that Benfica is currently playing for 3 championships and winning the league is the most important.

"A resposta que temos que dar é o que temos vindo a fazer. O que importa é que o Benfica tem que dar resposta às competições onde está inserido e amanhã [sábado] é aquela que é mais importante. Em caso de vitória, o Benfica sai vencedor do campeonato," assinalou.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
the team leaving for porto, last night :D

xXO97aPxR1c

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-1 27th minute, crazy game.

·
Registered
58,732 Posts
Like the jazeera commentator (who btw used to be the translator of Manuel Jose at Al-Ahly) said it was more of a tactical half.

Neither side has been brilliant.

though for some reason he described the first goal as fantastic :D Thought that was an odd thing to say.

both goals have been total flukes.

·
Administrator
25,353 Posts
nah no ways, the 2nd goal was an own goal indeed, the 1st one was a regular goal, that took porto's defense by surprise

·
Registered
58,732 Posts
What a finish, quality to the far post with the left foot

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Kelvin wins the title for Futebol Clube do Porto.

·
Community Analyst
32,844 Posts
****ing ridiculous tactics by JJ. Playing ****ing scared like that, like those ****s have done anything to scare anybody.

Way to go, JJ, offering a title to the corruptos like that.

·
Registered
58,732 Posts
Overall I think the draw would have been the 'right' result, but a goal like that is worthy of winning any game. Kelvin (who has a really shitty haircut btw) used his right to control then his left to shoot. Though I'm not sure what Redrick (or Rodrick, sp?) was doing. The commentator was saying that the latter played 1 game for Benfica this season, if true then pretty odd to bring him in a match of such stature..

Benfica will need to play much better to beat Chelsea. Not a single chance from open play is just poor really. Only throw-ins and a couple of free kicks from Lima and Cardozo. No proper build-up or creativity whatsoever all night long.

nah no ways, the 2nd goal was an own goal indeed, the 1st one was a regular goal, that took porto's defense by surprise
I didn't say it was irregular, just flukey/lucky. The ball was deflected off Fernando (I think it was)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts