Xtratime Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after drawing with Charlton on Wednesday I really don't see anything to play for in the league now so I guess its just a case of notching up as many points as possible before the season ends. We certainly should be looking to win the remainder of our home matches however with our ever depressing injury situation and Evertons good form its going to be very tough to win this one. Everton are looking much better now than they did at the start of the season and they're putting in some very solid displays, they have a sound defence and with Owen out and Shearer doubtful its going to be very hard to break.

Team news is that Dyer, Owen, Carr, Bramble and Taylor all miss the match through injury. Craig Moore is still not yet match fir, hopefully he will be soon though, we could really do with him right about now. Babayaro returns from his suspension after being sent off against Villa, however Shearer is a major doubt.

The squad: Given, Harper, Babayaro, Ramage, Elliott, Boumsong, Faye, Parker, Emre, Bowyer, Solano, Brittain, Shearer, Chopra, Ameobi, Luque, Pattison, N'Zogbia, Clark.

Possible line up:

--------------------------Given-----------------------

Ramage--------Boumsong-------Elliott---------Babayaro

Solano----------Parker---------Bowyer--------N'Zogbia

--------------------------------Emre-----------------

----------------Ameobi-------------------------------​

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Shindig said:
Nowt-Nowt. Unless a midfielder nicks a goal. I'd stick Luque up front with Shola, personally.
Yeah likewise, the sooner he gets a chance to prove himself the better. Apparantly Emre is ill and misses the match and Shearer has been confirmed as out :depress:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The confirmed line up is in, Emre DOES start, the team is as above. Luque isn't even on the bench :rollani:

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HT: 0-0

Its been a pretty even first half, both teams have had chances. Worryingly we look vulnerable from corners, Emre has twice cleared off the line. Our general play is ok, but we look to be really lacking up front, Ameobi has barely been involved. Bowyer is looking lively, but at the moment I can't see where a goal is going to come from.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FT: Newcastle 2 - 0 Everton (Solano x2) :D

Well we were much better in the second half and looked a lot more threatening in the final third. The first goal involved great build up play from Emre and N'Zogbia with a cracking cross that Solano simply had to slot in. The second goal was truely stunning, great passing build up and an outstanding finish from Solano, hit with the outside of his foot culing into the bottom corner. It was probably our goal of the season. The defence was also better today, an all round good performance :)

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Player ratings:

Shay Given - 8, Didn't have too much to do, but he made one great save from an Arteta free kick, as usual was always there when needed.
Peter Ramage - 7, Another soldi display from the young defender, he's turning out to be a great asset to the club.
JA Boumsong - 7, He had a couple of shakey moments, but overall looked a lot better, made some vital clearences and looked more composed on the ball.
Robbie Elliott - 8, Had a great match IMO, didn't really put a foot wrong. He looks a lot better at CB than he does at LB, his experience showed today and helped Boumsong.
Celestine Babayaro - 7, Solid enough defensively, linked up excellenty with N'Zogbia.
Nobby Solano - 9, MOTM, Awesome display from Nobby, looked great on the ball, his passing was very good, his first goal came at a vital time, his second was simply stunning :D
Scott Parker - 8, Another solid display from Parker, how this man isn't in the England squad is beyond me, lead by example at times today.
Lee Bowyer - 7, Probably our biggest threat in the first half, faded in the second but still a good display.
Charles N'Zogbia - 8, Another great display from Zoggy, he has so much talent, frightened defenders by running at them today, great cross for the first goal.
Emre - 8, Emre was great today, he was very creative and his passing at times was sublime.
Ameobi - 6, Had some great chances early on, had a hard job playing up front on his own, held the ball up well at times.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Post match comments from Roeder:

"It is a little disrespectful for people to say we cannot win without Shearer and Owen.
"We put out a team we thought was good enough to beat Everton and they went out and proved it.

"Nobby's second goal was out of this world but he scored an even better one in training on Friday."

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Comments from Emre:

"I did not feel to well last night, and on the morning of the game I wasn't feeling too good.

"I had an upset stomach, maybe I ate something wrong, I don't know?

"But I wanted to play, I know we have a lot of injuries and I didn't want to miss out. I was happy to play, and even happier that we won the game.

"It was very similar to the game against Charlton, but this time we got the goals. We stayed patient, and we got rewarded.

"I felt it was a good performance, we defended well again to keep another clean sheet, and we got two great goals to win the game.

"Charles did very well to create the first goal for Nobby, and the second goal was fantastic. It was a great goal and we are all delighted."

Emre, meanwhile, won't play for his country during the week after admitting he would prefer to stay on Tyneside to prepare for the game with Bolton Wanderers at Gallowgate next Saturday.

He went on: "I am honoured to play for my country, and I don't like missing matches for Turkey.

"But this is a friendly game, and I have a ban for six matches for the qualifying matches which are coming up for Euro 2008, so maybe it won't be so bad if I miss this game.

"I have spoken to the Turkey manager and told him, and he has no problems with that.

"We are doing well at Newcastle now, and it is more important that I stay fit for my club.

"I want to prepare properly for the game against Bolton next weekend, so by missing a game for Turkey hopefully i will be fresher for Newcastle. If I went to Turkey, I would not be back at Newcastle until Friday, and that would leave hardly any time to get ready for Bolton."

He's a legend :D Good news for us that he won't play for his country in midweek seeing as it gives him time to fully prepare for the Bolton match :)

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Emre is our best player this season by far. He is a great player. I will watch the highlights of the goal on MOTD. How come Luque wasn't starting? I would've put him on from the start, give him some more experience so he can play good in important games.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thats my boy! haha. any clips or highlights from the game today?
Hopefully there'll be some about after match of the day :)

Emre is our best player this season by far. He is a great player. I will watch the highlights of the goal on MOTD. How come Luque wasn't starting? I would've put him on from the start, give him some more experience so he can play good in important games.
Yeah Emre has been awesome, its just a shame he suffered the injuries he did so early on in the season :(. Still its great to see him hitting top form now. As for Luque I have no idea as to why he wasn't included, it looks as if he and Roeder don't get on, either that or Roeder just doesn't rate him. Its a shame, the lad has so much talent, I just wish he was given a decent run in the side.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Still thinking of Belammy , really miss him wearing the newcastle shirt and play for us. Is just sad that he had to go with the bust up with our previous loser sacking manager. Look at the prefect passing to set up the perderson goal as the vital goal for Blackburn to beat Arsenal. It will be good if we have him arround Owen and Amoebi , i gurantee they will score more goals .....

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Let's be honest. He was an irritating shit on the pitch, as well. Remember the headbutting incidents in the Champions' League?

Well done, Craig. Pick on someone twice the size of you. Oh, you've headbutted his chin. Nice way to celebrate a return from a suspension. So what if his goal beat Arsenal? We beat them without him. Arsenal are crap on their travels.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah as much as I admire Craig Bellamy as a player, our dressing room is probably better off without him. He was a fantastic player for us and for that I'll remember his time here fondly, however its time to move on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts