Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23,264 Posts
whoa! They'r only 7 points behind the 4th spot, i mean that is realistic!

Anyway, Manu is gonna lose 0-3 :finger:

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Of course we can! We got Alan Shearer and Emre :D And we cant forget N'Zogbia :D

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
We can win there, football is a funny game and our performances have picked up recently. However Man Utd seem to be hitting top form at the moment and its going extremely difficult to get anything from the match. Our record at OT is terrible, we never seem to be able to get decent results there. If we managed to get even a point I'd be very happy.

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glenn Roeder has revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson gave him tremendous support when he had his brain tumour in his days as manager of West Ham.

And after all the animosity that has been kicking around in football lately, Old Trafford will see two managers who have mutual respect for each other on Sunday.

Roeder does not talk too much about his brain tumour, but as he prepares to cross swords with the Manchester United supremo on Sunday, the Newcastle caretaker boss told me today: "Sir Alex was one of the Premiership managers who contacted me personally when I was ill.

"Sir Alex's support took the form of a personal letter and it meant a lot to both me and my family.

"And I must say that whenever I have been in his company it is great listening to him talking about football."

One thing Sir Alex will not be talking about to Roeder, or anyone else for that matter, is the composition of his Manchester United team to face Newcastle.

But I can tell Roeder the Reds will recall Ruud van Nistelrooy in a double spearhead with former Newcastle striker Louis Saha and drop Wayne Rooney back into midfield.

And this has to be bad news for Newcastle. For not only is the Dutchman - the Premiership's leading scorer with 19 goals in 22 matches - still smarting from being left on the bench in the last two matches against Wigan, but he loves the sight of those black-and-white stripes.

For Van Nistelrooy has played against Newcastle on nine occasions - and only failed to score in one of those games.
-----------------------------

Thats the kind of man Sir Alex is, when Houllier was ill he did the same. :thumbsup: :proud:

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Glenn is a good guy, I am very happy to see him succeed at Newcastle.

I just hope he doesn't succeed on Sunday. :lala: :pp

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I dont think a draw would be a bad result for United seeing as we're 2 points clear in 2nd and with a game in hand.

And Liverpoo will almost certainly drop points at Highbury.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
Here's the squad:

Given, Harper, Ramage, Babayaro, Boumsong, Elliott, Parker, Emre, Solano, N'Zogbia, Bowyer, Faye, Clark, Brittain, Pattison, O'Brien, Shearer, Ameobi, Luque, Chopra.

Possible line up:

Given
Ramage Boumsong Elliott Babayaro
Solano Parker Emre N'Zogbia
Shearer Ameobi

What do you think the Man Utd line up will be Red Bed?

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Here is our squad:

Van der Sar, Howard, Neville, Bardsley, Ferdinand, Brown, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Richardson, Ronaldo, Giggs, O'Shea, Fletcher, Park, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy, Saha, Rossi.

Prodigy, I think Sir Alex will go with the normal 4-2-2:

.........................................Van Der Sar.................................................

......Neville..............Rio.........................Brown.......................Silvestre.......

......Ronaldo..................O'Shea....................Giggs.......................Park.......

.................................Rooney..................Ruud.....................................

·
Registered
33,200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A left-back and winger in midfield, and you lot got Emre and Parker.

You will clearly dominate midfield, I just hope our forwards take their chances. :)

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
I hope Emre plays well in this one. He looks in good shape recently. Altough he has still far left until he reaches his top form. He needs a steady run after all his injuries, both in Newcastle and Inter.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
HT: 2-0 down, god knows how its only 2-0, it should probably be about 6 or 7. We've been nothing short of pathetic. Ramage is having a mare, shocking first goal to give away and from that moment on we've barely been out of our own half. After a string of decent results it seems although its normal service resumed in terms of our overall display.

·
Registered
4,070 Posts
FT: 2-0 Man Utd. What a flattering scoreline to us. We were woeful today, completely outclassed by a much better team.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts