Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nobody cares about Premier league after Monday, eh? :) Title is all but lost so I think Chelsea should already concentrate on Tuesday's visit to the same city.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Ya, well I thought so, but then I read that Grant still hasn't abandoned 1st place desire. This sentiment could possibly be the stupidest strategy, if true, but I don't think this game will be easy. I hope he takes his losses and the team holds 0:0; although a win would be smashing. The outcome is definitely interesting, I just pray "no f*cking injuries!"

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Chelsea has good resolve guys remember. Whoever steps on the field will be giving a max effort. Just no injuries! :nervous: I think they'll figure out a way to get it done.

·
Registered
915 Posts
For those of you who remember Dark Andy, I came across his introductory posting for this match and thought you'd enjoy it....

"I think this shall be known for Chelsea fans as the End of our title hopes.

Seeing as Grant is a downright retard, he'll play all the main players, and make asinine substitutes to throw the game off whack.

As always Chelsea like to concede late goals, coupled with the fact 1-0 is a definite winner no matter what time the goal was scored, this screams of a draw.

--------------------------Cech w/ Gladiator helmet-----------------------
-Belletti w/o defending-Terry w/ heart-Carvalho w/ guts-A. Cole w/ losing balls-
---------Lampard w/ issues---Ballack w/ courage---Makelele w/ senility-------
-Kalou w/ selfishness------Drogba w/ selfishness----------Joe Cole w/ MOTM

BENCH :

Hilario w/ screwed by Cech and his wolverine healing
Alex w/ intent to kill Carvalho
Mikel w/o brains
Shevchenko w/ eye on leaving for a club with a coach
Anelka w/o pace, trapping, shooting or passing skills

Should be a brilliant game.

Won't be home to watch, will tape it and agonize post match on what should have been."

·
Registered
915 Posts
line-ups

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Jagielka, Lescott, Fernandes, Neville, Carsley, Pienaar, Johnson, Yakubu

Subs: Wessels, Baines, Anichebe, Gravesen, Rodwell

Chelsea: Cech, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, A Cole, Mikel, Essien, SWP, J Cole, Kalou, Anelka

Subs: Hilario, Alex, Makelele, Malouda, Shevchenko

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
we bought essien for 20mn and now probably worth 40 million....anelka is being wasted in the lonely striker role, he looked best against arsenal against drogba, but grant insists on sticking him alone and hoofing long balls at him......

lets not give the lead away again...

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
I hope we will play 4-4-2 next season, because Anelka is wasted in a 4-3-3. Bring a class striker to partner him and we will see his best football (I say this because I think Drogba is out in the summer).

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Essien is such a big asset. Can play physical, tireless and at the same time technically delicate on the ball.
2nd goal would be huge

·
Registered
446 Posts
What the hell happened to Essien there? Looked like he was sleeping. The smelling salts came out.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
This is a big big win. Don't take anything away from it, this wasn't an easy 1 to accomplish. Chelsea are still in it fellas.

Malouda was awful, SWP looked like he was feeling it today, but his timing of passies was just a little off. So dissapointing, he has all the tools, he just can't piece it together.

·
Registered
122 Posts
we bought essien for 20mn and now probably worth 40 million....anelka is being wasted in the lonely striker role, he looked best against arsenal against drogba, but grant insists on sticking him alone and hoofing long balls at him......

lets not give the lead away again...
Any smart comments or complains, from our coaching expert?

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
Damn I forgot this match was yesterday...

·
THE
14,114 Posts
Me too. :D

Have we ever seen anelka-sheva combo? i know that sheva is considered as the biggest flop of EPL, but I just can't understand why he never was given ANY chance. (and that goes to JM as well)

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
would it have really harmed anyone if we sent in shevy for anelka on the 85th minute? wasted a bit of time and saw him in the flesh?...at least Jose played him a few times but dont know whats happenin now..

carvalho must be in top 3 defenders in the world today...shame he played 18 games only this year...

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
Any smart comments or complains, from our coaching expert?

manuel fernandez freekick was 3 inches away and it would have been 1-1 again? chelsea had 2 shots at goal in 90 minutes? we now take 1-0 leads and send makalele in the 80th minute alongside mikel and essien (3 holding midfielders pretty much) to defend and invite the pressure to our final third instead of going for the 2nd goal and killing the game? Anelka did not receive a single ball he can create anything of?...

and after the game what does grant say? "We were behind Manchester United from the beginning of the season so it never was in our hands. It is in our hands to do our job and that is what we did."

i.e. he is blaming jose now for the lost points, but he doesnt take the blame for taking a lead against Wigan, Spurs, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Everton (home) and still finishing the game with a draw, when we were masters of the 1-0 win and grinding out results 2 years back....what a ....

·
Registered
122 Posts
manuel fernandez freekick was 3 inches away and it would have been 1-1 again? chelsea had 2 shots at goal in 90 minutes? we now take 1-0 leads and send makalele in the 80th minute alongside mikel and essien (3 holding midfielders pretty much) to defend and invite the pressure to our final third instead of going for the 2nd goal and killing the game? Anelka did not receive a single ball he can create anything of?...

and after the game what does grant say? "We were behind Manchester United from the beginning of the season so it never was in our hands. It is in our hands to do our job and that is what we did."

i.e. he is blaming jose now for the lost points, but he doesnt take the blame for taking a lead against Wigan, Spurs, Aston Villa, Portsmouth and Everton (home) and still finishing the game with a draw, when we were masters of the 1-0 win and grinding out results 2 years back....what a ....
Damn not you again.......

1 - 20 of 24 Posts