Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Venue: Stamford Bridge, London

Chelsea:

3rd in the table; 27 games played, 17 wins, 7 draws, 3 defeats, 42 goals scored, 17 conceded.

Derby County:

20th in the table; 28 games played, 1 win, 7 draws, 20 defeats, 13 goals scored, 57 conceded.

Reverse fixture was played at Pride Park Stadium on November 24th. Chelsea won 2 - 0, Kalou and Wright-Phillips scored goals and Essien was dismissed.

Petr Čech will probably miss the game; Frank Lampard is doubtful.

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Need to use this as oppurtunity to get your goal difference up - it's currently the worst out of all the top 4.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I bet Alex will play. There was a lot of matches recently.

I agree, we need to destroy them. We were on a bit of a roll until the FA Cup crash.

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, we must win those two relatively easier fixtures (Derby home and Sunderland away). Otherwise we would be out of the title race even before that final straight which we will enter with Tottenham away and which also includes Arsenal home, Everton away and United home.

I'm not too concerned about todays fixture (Ok, you can take nothing for granted, but it looks as the easiest fixture on calendar, i.e. the weakest league team at home) but Keane's army on their home soil could be very tricky.

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Line-up: Cudicini, Ferreira, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley Cole, Makelele, Lampard, Ballack, Joe Cole, Kalou and Anelka. On bench: Hilario, Alex, Essien, Drogba and Sheva.

What's the problem with Ivanovic? What's the problem with John Obi Mikel (four matches not even on bench)? What's the problem with Alex (a lot of time without minutes)?

·
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think Grant just doesn't want to take any (any) risks today.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
JCole was onside..... had 2 interesting moves from him .... with only just 2 . 5 mins.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Lampard just hit far post... should have gone in that one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts