Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Easter, lads! It will not be happy for at least one of these two teams though.

Venue: Stamford Bridge, London

Chelsea: 3rd; 30 games, 19 wins, 8 draws, 3 defeats; 53 goals scored, 22 conceded.

Arsenal: 2nd; 30 games, 19 wins, 10 draws, 1 defeat; 58 goals scored, 22 conceded.

Arsenal is the last team that won league match against Chelsea both at Stamford Bridge and overall. Gunners won the game 1 - 0 at Ashburton Grove earlier this season (goal was scored by William Gallas after an error from Petr Čech). They won the league fixture at Stamford Bridge in February 2004. Chelsea hadn't lost a league game on a home soil since then.

Last season's corresponding fixture was dominated by Chelsea but Arsenal earned a point then. They even took the lead in the second half by Matthieu Flamini, but Michael Essien equalized with a stunning shot five minutes from time.

·
Registered
9,120 Posts
pff time for your title chellange to end I reckon

·
Registered
17,504 Posts
a draw for us and a man u win and its all over......if cech plays we should do it....

--------------Cech------------
belleti---terry---carvalho---cole
----essien--makelele-----
--lampard------ballack-----
--------cole-----------
---------------drogba-------

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Very clear on this match. Our players HAVE to respond against a very difficult rival. Please, attitude, I don't want to see a player with blue shirt walking like a cow. We need to be agressive and show our quality. And, like you said, no win and no league.

·
Third Place winner, March 2009 Photo Contest
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd go for:

Čech
Essien - Carvalho - Terry - A. Cole
Makelele
Ballack - Lampard
J. Cole -------------------- Kalou
Drogba​

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I agree that we have to win to keep the EPL title in reach.

We really have too many draws, especially at home. That is too many points dropped.

I would play Same team as Railroad, perhaps Belleti in for Essien though.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Essien would dominate Clichy if he played at right back. Last time I remember Essien playing there was when we played at Camp Nou in the group stage last year :thmbup:

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
Line-up: Cudicini, Essien, Carvalho, Terry, Ashley, Makelele, Lampard, Ballack, Joe, Kalou and Drogba. Bench: Hilario, Alex, Belletti, Mikel and Anelka.

Come on CHELSEA!

·
Registered
5,035 Posts
Sheva injured? Or just not picked?

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
Why do you mess about with Essien, probably the best defensive midfielder in the world and he spends half his time at right back, center back, attacking midfield and whatever.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Chelsea fans really being morons there. Chanting Jose Mourinho with 20 mins to go.

Drogba equalises!

·
Registered
12,056 Posts
Thats because the subs were attrocious, considering Kalou was the worst player on the pitch by far. And Ballack had been a threat, and was especially getting joy in the air against Arsenal. Love Andy Gray attributing the goal to the subs even though they had no involvement.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
Well hang on. Belletti hit the ball in and Anelka knocked it down for Drogba's second goal right?

Thought the sub's worked out ok. He wanted to go 4-4-2 and probably thought that Ballack wasn't suited to playing on the left I guess.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
FT 2-1

Amazing comeback.

Grant's subs... were effective.. on this match...

Belletti..... to Anelka .... to Drogba.... GOAL !

Essien repositioned in the Center was also Good.

Makelele understandably is subbed cuz of his age.

JCole out was in the preference to keep a 2-striker... up there

Ballack? cannot imagine him subbing Frank

There wasnt a 5 men D.:D

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Yes Chelsea!!!

Makalele was easily the best player in the 1st half, give Grant credit his substitutions paid off :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Chanting Jose Mourinho and sheit was disgusting, Chelsea fans "Don't know what your doing" :yuck:

Anelka looked very good when he came on.

I believe that was the best game I've seen Ashley Cole play in a Chelsea shirt :thumbsup: Carvalho was at his best again and JT is JT :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 138 Posts