Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's hard to look forward to the next match after such a disappointment but what else can we do?

It's a derby and fans care. I hope Chelsea we'll be in the same spirits after barca destory them.

Arshavin is back as well :proud:

My first eleven:

Almunia
Sagna Toure Djourou Eboue
Wlacott Fabregas Song Nasri
Bendtner Arshavin​

UP THE ARSENAL!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Good, this thread can get my mind off the man u game. For certain I think Gibbs will start, he's a quality player and was unlucky today. Hopeful lineup:

Almunia
Sagna--Toure--Djourou--Gibbs
Walcott--Cesc--Song/Diaby--Nasri
Arshavin
RVP

No adebayor please, the more he plays the more his value will go down.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
I'm confident we will win, the lads have two games i.e Chelsea and Man Utd to regain a bit of pride and self respect. Won't make up for the season but it's important we pull a few victories to at least go into the summer with some semblance of hope.

3-0 Goals :Arshavin, RVP and Ade

·
Lazing in a hammock
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm also feeling very sorry for Gibbs. I hope he wont lose his confidence. It was a fvcking slip in the end.

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
I really don't give a fvck if we win or lose.

Mo said it...Arsenal win because there's no pressure.

Fvcking chokers we are.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
It was only an accident, what happened to Gibbs. Its not a mistake by a player when his studs give way and he slips. He has no reason to feel down looking at this cold fact, although obviously the boy will be very down at the moment. Im sure he will be ok eventually though. He's a massive talent, pound for pound one of the best 19 year olds in the world based on his performances this season.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Arsenal win... because there's no pressure.
Now that is the issue that truly nags at me endlessly.

We can talk about signings until we're blue in the face but what is the really kick in the balls is more often than not in the do or die, must win games AW sides come up short.

99 PL loss to Leeds Utd

99 FA semi loss to Man Utd

00 UEFA cup final loss to Galatasry

2003 PL collapse to Man Utd

2004 CL qt final collapse to Chelsea

2005 collapse after 49 game run end against Man Utd

2006 CL final loss to Barca

2008 PL collapse

2009 Cup collapse against Chelsea and Man Utd

Hurts like hell to admit by AW sides end up with that short end of stick far to often and one has tr question why so many of AW's teams are so physiologically fragile?

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
Arsenal win... because there's no pressure.
That's what I was thinking. It's mental how different Arsenal teams under Wenger, still suffer from the same issue. Saying that, boy how much Wenger missed Henry in the Semi Final, must have regretted selling him big time.

Over the hill, choker:D;) or what not, but Adebayor/Bendtner/Vela/Van Persie or whoever, joined together are not fit to wipe Henry's shoes even now. The guy just raped Ramos and Madrid and on that sort of form, would have still ended up as the league's top scorer. He is Wenger's Stam.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
The worst thing is this team is the only team in the Prem who I believe can beat United or Chelsea even if they are at their best whenever they meet

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
That's what I was thinking. It's mental how different Arsenal teams under Wenger, still suffer from the same issue. Saying that, boy how much Wenger missed Henry in the Semi Final, must have regretted selling him big time.

Over the hill, choker:D;) or what not, but Adebayor/Bendtner/Vela/Van Persie or whoever, joined together are not fit to wipe Henry's shoes even now. The guy just raped Ramos and Madrid and on that sort of form, would have still ended up as the league's top scorer. He is Wenger's Stam.
to be fair to wenger, henry's performances were dipping at the end of his time here, you could feel that he needed a new challenge, and the players felt too obliged to pass to him, even if he was not in the best position.

it would of course be nice to put the current henry from barca in this arsenal team, but the fact is it was a mutual agreement, and it was time for thierry to go.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
to be fair to wenger, henry's performances were dipping at the end of his time here, you could feel that he needed a new challenge, and the players felt too obliged to pass to him, even if he was not in the best position.

it would of course be nice to put the current henry from barca in this arsenal team, but the fact is it was a mutual agreement, and it was time for thierry to go.
True, but on the other hand, he was injury plagued that season.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
Don't agree on Henry, it was the right time for him to leave and we initially improved pretty massively after he left. Subsequent mistakes and the failure to build on that improvement is what's left us in this current situation.

·
Registered
15,634 Posts
True you did improve last season, but the exit of Henry, led to the inevitable exits of Flamini and Hleb as well, after you dropped from the title race. If they stayed, and you added on top of them the ever brilliant Arshavin, and then a center back, aye you wouldn't miss Titi. But when things are not going well, and the best player leaves, that sends doubts to others, hence it is much harder to build a squad.

For Arsenal, you simply have to expect for Wenger to change his philosophy and get a class player for central midfield and defence, like he did with Arshavin. Bringing up kids is all well and fine, but unlike the previous great Wenger sides, this side ain't a combination of Seniors and Youths. Saying that, Arshavin, my god what a player:thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
the tone of wenger's press conference after the game, he was making no references to the fact that the youngsters were learning, he was admitting he need to analyse what is going wrong, a clear indication imo that he can see the team needs an injection of top class, experience like he did in january with arshavin.

·
Arsenal Fan
5,476 Posts
I think we'll win this one, chelsea will have to work their socks off against Barcelona and should suffer a hangover in fitness or depression if they win or lose. expect squad rotation from them, and a good strength team from us. I think now the pressure is off we can get a solid win at the Emirates, but it'll be really annoying to see if Arshavin rips them apart simply for the fact that he should have been allowed to do it in the FA Cup.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Good, this thread can get my mind off the man u game. For certain I think Gibbs will start, he's a quality player and was unlucky today. Hopeful lineup:

Almunia
Sagna--Toure--Djourou--Gibbs
Walcott--Cesc--Song/Diaby--Nasri
Arshavin
RVP

No adebayor please, the more he plays the more his value will go down.
hahahah true that.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts