Xtratime Community banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Mohaned said:
i agree with you on Aimar, but it all depends on the financial situation... last summer Inter backed out of signing beckham or Ronaldinho coz of the financial situation.

As for Stan i just don't see him and Aimar together in the same team, i mean how will Inter line them up ?
well, forgetting about which formation zac would play and thinking of one to field them all. i would choose the 4-3-1-2 formation.

have your flat 4 at the back...coco at left back, if he cant stay on the field, then buy a quality player for there. Have CZ as your DM and play Stank and emre alongside him. Stank and Emre are both hard working midfielders and they are very good two way players. there is no reason why the 3 couldnt form a solid midfield, especially when CZ is soley a defensive player who could sit right back. Aimar behind the forwards.

As for financing, i believe that its time Vieri is sold. He doesnt seem happy, no matter how much he states that he is. he is 30 years of age and he could still command a nice transfer fee. Adriano has returned and he is more than capable of taking over. you have a young martins also. and lets not forget the many midfielders who never feature. surely if you those players you could finance Aimar and stankovic. would stan be on a free still??

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
I totally agree with you CUG, coz that's the line-up I have been shouting since a long long time.
The only difference is that I have said : 4-3-3; but 4-3-1-2 is also very good.

-------------------Toldo----------------

J.Zanetti---Cordoba----????----F.Coco/?

----Stankovic----C.Zanetti----B.Emre----

That is what I want. But that's only 4 - 3; if we keep Vieri; we will have to play with a playmaker & if we intend to sell Vieri then we could play like this :

----V.Meyde----Adriano----Martins/Recoba----

Playmaker - AIMAR. Having him would be great.
Recoba - His Inter future is uncertain.

;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
thats quite good CUG !! i like your line-up alot, with Stan in there he can replace Aimar or Emre when either are injured and J. Zanetti will move to Stan's place.

But the problem is that will need to change alot of things before they can reach that line-up.

First, the coach since Zac does'nt play with 4 at the back and you would'nt want a coach playin a system he is not okay with.

Second, the players. With that line-up Inter will need to sell one of Cordoba or Cannavaro + they will need to buy a sweeper (ferrari would be perfect) ..... the midfield well you sorted that out all there is to do is sell a few not needed players .... the forward line is the problem for me, with your lineup there is not width and so the width will be provided by the support striker (what Del piero does for Juve), the thing is Inter's future is with Martins and Adriano lineing upfront but neither of them gives width to the team as they are both pure strikers.

With all that being said, in theory it is possible but in reality i believe it to be hard coz i dont see Zac being sacked at the end of the season. But if he was to be sacked i would pick Mancini as i believe he has the ability to make such a line-up work in order to create the width which it would naturaly lack.

·
Registered
831 Posts
pravesh ever since Recoba signed the new deal with a 40% cut i have had no problems with keeping him in the squad. i think he is a usefull player to have, as long as he is being payed what he is worth NOT what he is potentially worth !

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mohaned said:
pravesh ever since Recoba signed the new deal with a 40% cut i have had no problems with keeping him in the squad. i think he is a usefull player to have, as long as he is being payed what he is worth NOT what he is potentially worth !
Yes, I liked when he did that.
But still, I guess that his inter's future is uncertain.

Lets suppose, we sign Aimar. Then ??

This one's good :

-----------AIMAR----------
--ADRIANO------RECOBA--

not to forget that, Martins and the others cud be rotated.

But what if Vieri isn't sold ??

Anyway, I won't mind at all if Recoba is in Inter. He has all the talent to be a big star. Atlast he's getting the position he had been yelling for. But sadly, he got injured and now seems unfit.
All the best though.

;)

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
Mohaned, i suppose width could pose a problem. You dont have that del piero, henry, cassano style player who uses the flanks a lot. Recoba is obviously the best player for that at Inter. I'm unaware of his current form or situation with inter, but if he was in form, there is no doubt that he is great.

I think Vieri will leave unless Adriano is going to be benched. I dont see Vieri being a bench player as yet and i'm not to sure how much longer he'll want to stay with the club. If anything, financially, Vieri would be the best player to sell as Aimar wouldnt be cheap. Adriano is a direct replacement and has more to his game in terms of qualities. But who is to say that Adriano will score as much as vieri does.

one thing is for sure, Vieri and Adriano upfront doesnt seem like a good pairing in my view.

If only Martins was a creative support striker;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
Martins is probably the one who will take the role of the supporting striker in the long run, and all he needs IMO is a creative coach like Wenger to teach him how to move ... Mancini and Del Neri are the creative coaches of Italian football IMO, so with one of them Martins could learn to move more to the sides as he tends to do so now a days from time to time.

As for Vieri and other players who should be sold (not coz i think they are crap), i don't think Moratti has it in him to tell Vieri that he has to be sold ... therefore, for big changes to occur Moratti has to stay away and make the new management do the dirty work for him.

·
Registered
831 Posts
he may well do so ! After all nothing has been confirmed until now.

btw ... this thread is supposed to be about Pizzaro and how he will fit in Inter, yet the every thing has switched to Stan and Aimar. So i'm gonna switch it back to how would Pizzaro fit in Inter.

How do you guys see Inter playing if he does come ??

IMO Inter could try something like this:

Adriano ---- Vieri
--Emre (free role)
Kily--Pizzaro-CZ-JZ

The idea is to let Pizzaro play the same role he plays at Udinese, which will make him the playmaker that directs and controls the team ... as for Emre i would give him a free role Just like Nedved and Jorgenson, this should allow him to avoid having the responsibilty of being the playmaker and give him the freedom to just be an attacking midfielder (like he does for his NT, like Figo does with Portugal and like Kaka does for Milan)..... Plus now that Inter switched to 5 midfielders (352) this should allow a more attacking wing back to be fielded to provide the lost width and that is where Kily could become handy.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
forget him. we should divert all funds

campaign for the purchase of pablo aimar

·
Registered
831 Posts
i agree with you. but it does'nt seem the club agrees !!

its seems that it is either Stankovic or Pizzaro ... Stan depends on the result of the case the Moggi has filed, as he could get banned.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
with stan, what does emre do?

·
Registered
831 Posts
Stan will probably play behind the two strikers !!

Personally i dont really like the Stan deal, coz i don't think it will fix our midfield ... Pizzaro on the other hand, is the type of player that controls a midfield and this is what we have been missing for the past 4 years.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I may be wrong but....
I dont think the purchase of Stankovic will help the cause too much.

I think Aimar or Pizzaro is what we should be looking at

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
we have already signed stankovic...i don't think we need pizarro...

21 - 35 of 35 Posts