Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Udinese star David Pizarro is expected to become an Inter player by the end of the week.

The Chilean was linked with a move to the Nerazzurri yesterday and reports today insist a move is imminent.

It is understood that the two clubs will hold talks over the next few days in a bid to reach an understanding by Thursday or Friday.

The Inter midfield is lacking a playmaker and reports suggest that Pizarro has been targeted instead of Dejan Stankovic.

The latter was being tipped to join the Italian giants but his move from Lazio is now expected to occur in the summer.

Pizarro, who recently extended his contract with Udinese until 2007, is one of the most highly rated players in Italy right now.

It’s unclear how much the 23-year-old, linked with Lazio and Juve in the past, will cost Inter but a fee of between £5m and £10m is being touted.

One player seemingly on his way out of the club is Kily Gonzalez who is of interest to Real Zaragoza.

The Argentine was signed in the summer from Valencia for then boss Hector Cuper. However, the winger has rarely featured for new Coach Alberto Zaccheroni.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Till now,i can't say i was a die-hard fan of an Italian club but i always liked Inter most of all for many and obvious reasons.If this transfer goes through maybe i become what i wasn't.:cool:

The Chilean magician had problems with Udinese's board over the last months.He wanted to leave or double his wages.As a result despite being the most quality Udinese player they kept him out of the team.IMO Pizarro was right demanding these two things as footballers are professionals...

I don't want to see Pizarro becoming a second Salas.Top but unlucky player.So if this move finally goes on is a good and big step in his career.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
he is a playmaker which is needed but for some reason i dont see him being a great success at inter. he is a good player and all but so many struggle when joining inter.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
for some reason, i tend to go along with CUG...Pizarro is a fine player, but for some reason, i just see him flopping at Inter....if given a chance, he could do well, but at Inter the policy is usually "what have u done for me lately?"

·
Registered
831 Posts
i'm not too sure about Pizzaro ... i mean he a class playmaker IMO but i'm sure if he can play as a trequaterista. At Udinese he plays more like a Pirlo directing the play from the midfield rather than playing behind the forwards, so i'm not sure if he is the right buy for Inter, coz the way i see it he will end up competing with Emre for one spot.

what do you think Kostas and Udinese fans can he play as a trequaterista ??

if he can't then maybe Zac has to switch to 5 midfielders with Pizzaro controling the midfield and Emre doing more movement off the ball( like how he plays with tugay in the NT ).

Kily/Coco ---- Emre ---- CZ --- Pizzaro --- J.Zanetti

Any way if this is to happen then the wing backs need to move alot more of the ball.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Pizarro has skills,speed and accurate passing to the forwards in order to play behind them but the thing is that he has not great scoring ability plus he didn't play such a role in the past,especially with his NT where he was the playmaker in 4-4-2 formation.I think that fits him better,as he likes a lot to make long shots too.He is more like Emre than like Recoba.

If he comes to Inter the matter is to take opportunities in order to prove his value.If Zaccheroni gives them to Pizarro,he won't regret it....

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
With Stankovic and Pizarro's arrival, I would want Inter to play with 4-1-3-2 next season :

(1)

-----------------toldo--------------------

j.zanetti---cordo--------????-------?????

------------------c.zanetti/?----------------

-----stankovic---pizarro----b.emre------

------------vieri/?---------adriano---------

and if we intend to rotate the midfielders :

(2)

----------------toldo--------------------

------stan/piza-------------emre/piza----

-----v.meyde-----vieri/?-----adriano----

and with a true play-maker :

(3)

----------------toldo--------------------

------stan/piza-------------emre/piza----

-------------------aimar/?-------------------

------------vieri/?---------adriano---------

:) ;)

·
Registered
831 Posts
pravesh i doubt that will happen coz Zac plays with 3 at the back !

As for Stankovic, i think Inter should only buy one of Stan, Pizzaro .. Unless Inter wants to make dramatic changes in the squad (selling and then buying) then there is no point in buy more players.

Ever thing depends on the funds available ... if Inter have enough cash then Aimar is the man if not then it depends on the availability of the right players. But first Inter has to sort it self out in the summer the formation of the line-up needs to be switched to a lineup which uses a playmaker (ie 352, 3412, 4312) and the line-up needs to be designed in a way that Emre is not the playmaker (coz he can not control a midfield).

Basicaly if i were incharge i would Sell:
VDM - he is very good but with a playmaker he can't fit
Cruz - Good season but i don't think he is or ever was the right player for Inter
Kara - IMO he never was a good buy even though he is a good player
Lamouchi - the same as above
Okan, Farinos
Brechet

if the above is possible then Inter should get around £15-20m maybe more if VDM plays a good Euro.

Sign:

Pizzaro
Aimar -
Daniel Alves - Zanetti's replacement when he is needed to replace CZ in the DM or in the LM posistion, so this should allow the young brasilian to get a good amount of match play.
Ferrari - i see him as the best sweeper after Nesta in Europe

This would leave Inter with 6 defenders for 3 places, 11 midfielders for 5 positions and 5 forwards for 2 positions ... add 3 GK you get 25 players which is the normal squad number to have.

This would be idle IMO but thats only me and Inter management will probably end up making more mistakes as in ever summer.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
i think aimar would be the better buy even if he costs 3 or 4 times as much. a name as such wouldnt flop at inter provided he is treated correctly and used correctly.

Inter need a player who is going to bring them what they need..a guaranteed star and Aimar is that player.

Add stankovic to the midfield and suddenly you a world class midfield.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Udinese: no a trattative per Pizarro

Il dg dell`Udinese Pierpaolo Marino ha negato l`esistenza di una trattativa per la cessione di Pizarro all`Inter. "Piace ai nerazzurri, ma noi non abbiamo mai iniziato una vera trattativa con loro - ha dichiarato a "Radio Radio" - Per il momento si tratta soltanto di piccoli sondaggi fatti dai nerazzurri, ma da qui a dire che ci sia una trattativa manca molto. E` chiaro, c`è tempo fino alla chiusura del mercato, ma per ora è tutto congelato".

here Marino said Inter only like him but for now there isn't negotiation ....
:D

oh i have also say u that Pizarro is injured, so if u will buy him u will buy an injured player:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Mohaned said:
Sign:

Pizzaro
Aimar -
Daniel Alves - Zanetti's replacement when he is needed to replace CZ in the DM or in the LM posistion, so this should allow the young brasilian to get a good amount of match play.
Ferrari - i see him as the best sweeper after Nesta in Europe

Daniel Alves.
That is the player even I want Inter to sign. He's really a future star. Very good in attacking. I have been following him may be since 2 years back. I saw him in Star Sports Football Focus !

:D

·
Registered
831 Posts
CUG said:
i think aimar would be the better buy even if he costs 3 or 4 times as much. a name as such wouldnt flop at inter provided he is treated correctly and used correctly.

Inter need a player who is going to bring them what they need..a guaranteed star and Aimar is that player.

Add stankovic to the midfield and suddenly you a world class midfield.
i agree with you on Aimar, but it all depends on the financial situation... last summer Inter backed out of signing beckham or Ronaldinho coz of the financial situation.

As for Stan i just don't see him and Aimar together in the same team, i mean how will Inter line them up ?

·
I Need More Cowbell!
7,047 Posts
Pizarro has pin-point accuracy, whether he's pasing the ball or shooting on target from a distance. He's an excellent dribbler and has great vision, specially for a person his size.

I've seen him play for both the Chilean NT and Udinese and he can be a true playmaker or even play behind one, organizing the attack from even behind the half field mark.

I would take him. I think that he had the highest rating average in Serie A last season with a whopping 6.8 avg.

If Aimar is to join Inter next season, Pizarro would be a shoe-in playing just behind him on either side of the field.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Mohaned said:
i agree with you on Aimar, but it all depends on the financial situation... last summer Inter backed out of signing beckham or Ronaldinho coz of the financial situation.

As for Stan i just don't see him and Aimar together in the same team, i mean how will Inter line them up ?

i would play like this ....

-------------toldo/cech:rolleyes:
j.zanetti--cordoba--canna/mexes/materazzi----LB?????
----------------------c.zanetti
-------------stank/emre
VDM----------aimar------------recoba
-----------------adriano

this is a very strong line-up ... obviously we are missing a LB ... but if we get a good one we would be fine ... and another good reliable CB .... like Stam :tongue: but i wouldn't mind mexes

·
Registered
831 Posts
exactly !!

you will have to chose between Emre and Stan .. so whats the point of buying him if we already have a good player in his position??

also you do notice that you have switched to a 4 at the back which wont happen with our current coach ...

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Mohaned said:
exactly !!

you will have to chose between Emre and Stan .. so whats the point of buying him if we already have a good player in his position??

also you do notice that you have switched to a 4 at the back which wont happen with our current coach ...
i know i switched back to a 4 man d ... thats my line-up if inter somehow decide to make me head coach :):D :tongue:

·
Registered
831 Posts
even if Inter change the coach .... then you'll still be buying a player which is not needed since with Aimar, Stan would compete for a position which we already have a good player on in Emre.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts