Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like we've drawn sheffield, fortunately we aren't play away this year against them. game is only on arsenaltv. who should we expect to see? hopefully theo/bendtner/song/vela/wilshere, this will be a tough game imo.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Possible statrting 11

Fabianski

Abu Ogogo---Gavin Hoyte----Djourou-----Gibbs

Wilshere----Ramsey----Song-----Merida

Bendnter----Vela

Bench: Mannone, Randall, Jay Emmanuel Thomas, Jay Simpson, Frimpong, Coquelin, Lansbury.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Wenger to name Arsenal's youngest ever side

By Richard Clarke

Arsène Wenger may name the youngest first-team side in Arsenal’s history for the Carling Cup tie against Sheffield United on Tuesday.

It is now normal for the Frenchman to send out youngsters in this competition however, against the Blades, Alex Song (21), Nicklas Bendtner (20), Johan Djourou (21) and Lukasz Fabianski (23) are likely to be the ‘old heads’.

Wenger intends the field to include a raft of 17, 18 and 19-year-olds. Rising star Jack Wilshere, age 16 years 266 days, is likely to start his first competitive game for the Club. But he may not be the youngest Arsenal player on show. Speaking to Arsenal TV Online on Monday, Wenger suggested he may include first-year scholar Emmanuel Frimpong. He is a full nine days younger than Wilshere.

“There is a possibility [it will be the youngest side ever],” said Wenger. “In the first team there are many players around 20. In the Carling Cup we will keep a few in there but the side will be more between 16 and 19. At Arsenal you can say 20 and 21-year-olds are the experienced players.

“You are likely to see Gavin Hoyte, Abu Ogogu, Aaron Ramsey, Mark Randall, Jack Wilshere, Fran Merida and Carlos Vela. Maybe Bendtner will play. Song, Djourou and Lukasz Fabianski will be the experienced players. But you will have players like Emmanuel Frimpong and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas so it will be a very young side.”

·
Registered
211 Posts
it`s a great chance to see our young guns again,
and i think it will be an easy game
3-1
Vela the Heroe

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have huge worries about coming into this game with kids.. but i'm sure we'll pull through 2-1 or something. interested to see wilshere, vela and ramsey.

surprised he didnt bring in theo though. saving him for the weekend ahead i see?

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
The official match day squad of 18 has'nt been announced yet mate.

Last season we saw the likes of Bendtner, Walcott, Denilson, Gilberto, Senderos and Djourou in our B team. Now they are either in the first team or have moved on, it will be a 'proper' B team with the likes of Barazite prob in the team. Could be a tough game. Interesting to see if even Ramsey and Wilshere feature for the whole game.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Last season we saw the likes of Bendtner, Walcott, Denilson, Gilberto, Senderos and Djourou in our B team. Now they are either in the first team or have moved on, it will be a 'proper' B team with the likes of Barazite prob in the team. Could be a tough game. Interesting to see if even Ramsey and Wilshere feature for the whole game.
they dont start for our first XI so why not? i'd play them in the side since they need more experience. vela hasnt gotten enough game time in the EPL so he deserves a full 90min game against sheffield (providing they dont come to emirates butchering our players).

·
Registered
9,441 Posts

Umm... Barazite has been loaned to Derby and there is no doubt Ramsey, Vela and Wilshere start every Beer cup game, only exception would be due to an injury or suspension.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Ah yeah forgot about Barazite. I know Ramsey and Wilshere will start, as will Vela, I doubt wether they will play the full 90 though. They will prob play some part against Hull on Saturday since we'l rest players for Porto next week.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Ah yeah forgot about Barazite. I know Ramsey and Wilshere will start, as will Vela, I doubt wether they will play the full 90 though. They will prob play some part against Hull on Saturday since we'l rest players for Porto next week.
Depends on Sheff United, if we blow them out than surely we will see the likes of Simpson, Thomas and Coquelin but if it's a tight game than AW will not have a choice but to stick with Ramsey, Vela and Wilshere.

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
I wanna see Coquelin play a part in this game. I remember him playing briefly in pre-season and I liked the energy he brought to the midfield. I see Randall starting even though he has never ever impressed me to be honest.

·
Gooner
6,780 Posts
Reported line up on Gooner forums:

...................Fabianski.......................

..Ogogo.....Hoyte....Djourou...Gibbs....

Wilshere...Ramsey....Song....Merida....

................Bendnter...Vela................

Abu Ogogo at right back is only 18 and a 'scholar'. The average age of that team is UNDER 20. Youngest player is Jack Wilshere at only 16. Got a bad feeling about this, Wenger is taking the young guns thing to the extreme lol.

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
The thing about this season is that players like Denilson and Walcott are full-time first teamers now and that means we're going younger and younger as we look for a second string to play in this cup.

·
Registered
25,902 Posts
On Chris!'s starting XI I count four English and one Welsh player. There will be more on the bench I'd assume which is just great.

Although I'm surprised Silvestre isn't going to play. Seems like a perfect opportunity to give him a run out.

·
소원을 말해봐
5,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
On Chris!'s starting XI I count four English and one Welsh player. There will be more on the bench I'd assume which is just great.

Although I'm surprised Silvestre isn't going to play. Seems like a perfect opportunity to give him a run out.
i thought thats what we bought him for? the piss cup lol

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Wenger names 18-man squad for Carling Cup

Arsène Wenger has named 13 teenagers in his 18-man squad for tonight's Carling Cup tie against Sheffield United at Emirates Stadium.

A semblance of first-team experience is offered by Alex Song (21), Nicklas Bendtner (20), Johan Djourou (21) and Lukasz Fabianski (23) but, essentially, the Frenchman will field a youth team against the Blades.

Rising star Jack Wilshere, age 16 years 267 days, could start his first competitive game for the Club. But he is not the youngest Arsenal player in the squad. First-year scholar Emmanuel Frimpong has that distinction - he is nine days younger than Wilshere.

12. Carlos VELA (Age 19)
16. Aaron RAMSEY (Age 17)
17. Alex SONG (Age 21)
19. Jack WILSHERE (Age 16)
20. Johan DJOUROU (Age 21)
21. Lukasz FABIANSKI (GK) (Age 23)
24. Vito MANNONE (GK) (Age 20)
26. Nicklas BENDTNER (Age 20)
35. Francis COQUELIN (Age 17)
38. Jay EMMANUEL-THOMAS (Age 17)
40. Kieran GIBBS (Age 18)
41. Gavin HOYTE (Age 18)
42. Henri LANSBURY (Age 17)
43. Fran MERIDA (Age 18)
46. Abu OGOGO (Age 18)
47. Mark RANDALL (Age 18)
50. Jay SIMPSON (Age 19)
56. Emmanuel FRIMPONG (Age 16)

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
I wonder who will be captain lol

·
Administrator
52,980 Posts
Not much to wonder about, prolly be Djorou.

The game wont be telivised, which is onfortunate because I have seen most of these little kiddies, but not Merida playing for you, despite being around for a long while.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts