Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It did not go in, but this deserves a thread. Just wow. Unbelievable. Mar Lawrenson would not have him in the England team. Michael Owen thinks Pirlo should be honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as Gerrard.

Planks of any kind.

FGh_1opgxW8

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bend on it though was out of this world. Went it left Pirlo's foot it did look to go in the left corner (Hart's right) then the swerve was wow

·
*the drum drum*
42,495 Posts
Still ...

You watch Gerrard, and you watch Pirlo.

And you realise one of these players is good, the other special.

And if you don't realise that, please stop watching football.

·
Registered
43,244 Posts
Deano, your link doesn't work. Get one that does, you lazy bastid.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It worked earlier probably taken off

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
It did not go in, but this deserves a thread. Just wow. Unbelievable. Mar Lawrenson would not have him in the England team. Michael Owen thinks Pirlo should be honoured to be mentioned in the same breath as Gerrard.

Planks of any kind.
They said what?!?! That is football blasphemy!!!
My view is that Hart completely misjudged it rather than it being particularly spectacular.
:lazy:

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
They're very different players, and they've both been fantastic. But I'd say the main difference now is that ageing has far more of an impact on Gerrard's style of play than it does on Pirlo's. Gerrard has always been an explosive, physical player, whereas Pirlo's game is mainly based around vision and range of passing. You never lose those attributes as you get older in the same way that the physical side of your game suffers. And I'm not saying that Gerrard doesn't also have those attributes, just not to the level that Pirlo does.

Oh, and obviously Pirlo and De Rossi would start in place of Gerrard and Henderson if they were English.

·
Registered
40,536 Posts
I genuinely think Owen got his words mixed up, or he was misquoted or something.

Edit: I've seen a Port Vale defender hit the bar from the half way line (on SoccerAM) - but I didn't make a thread about eet.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I genuinely think Owen got his words mixed up, or he was misquoted or something.

Edit: I've seen a Port Vale defender hit the bar from the half way line (on SoccerAM) - but I didn't make a thread about eet.
Maybe because it wasn't the World Cup

·
Registered
19,782 Posts
Too many butthurt English fans.

It was crazy. The swerve on it was simply out of this world. Pirlo made his teacher Juninho proud with that one.

·
G☆☆ner Ѧ ♥
1,139 Posts
His whole performance was out of this world.

I just hope that his juve team mate Pogba is just as good tonight.
No it wasn't, had England not been ridiculously open on the left, leaving 2 vs Baines countless times we would be talking about the rubbish ineffective Pirlo balls to Balotelli. Candreva>Pirlo.

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No it wasn't, had England not been ridiculously open on the left, leaving 2 vs Baines countless times we would be talking about the rubbish ineffective Pirlo's balls to Balotelli.
103 successful passes from 108 :neutral:

·
Administrator
24,775 Posts
great attempt, very skillful but...it didnt go in...how many threads will we open for those that actually go in? .....

·
Registered
54,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
great attempt, very skillful but...it didnt go in...how many threads will we open for those that actually go in? .....
Always moany people, its a forum where I can open what I want as long as it stays within the rules. At least I opened a thread based on something more or less relevant to skill involved unlike most.

BTW if great free kicks or goals in general are scored, or great skill is done, then hopefully more threads are opened :)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts