Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As we can see, Milan has 2 truly ‘indispensable’ :star: players, their importance lies in the fact that they can’t be replaced by any other player in our squad. :eek: They are namely Andrea Pirlo and Cafu. (Please don’t mention Stam/Simic/Pancaro :rollani: again because they simply can’t do what Cafu usually does in the right flanks. The amount of running and the attacking nerve of Cafu are unmatchable by Jaap or Dario).

When Sheva is injured we have Crespo. :stuckup: When Nesta is injured we have Stam. :stuckup: When Kaka is out we have Rui. :stuckup: But when Pirlo or Cafu are out, we are badly missing ‘something’ in the team no matter who’s the replacement. :sob:

Ambro has extended his contract, but it’s proven that in Carlo’s 4312/4321 system, Ambro works better in Seedrof/Gattuso roles than Pirlo’s defensive playmaking role. Ambro is simply awful as the midfield anchorman. :rollani:

Furthermore, IMO Ambro should try out the central defender position next season. He has all potentials to be a great CD :stuckup: except some crucial match experience there.

Even Galliani had stated the lack of Pirlo's backup concern. But IMO the solution is already in La Liga :eek: :devil: , there are three players in Pirlo’s mode awaiting us. They are Assuncao, Albertini and Fiore.

1. Assuncao

The former Roma player is flourishing in Betis for the third consecutive years. The Brazilian is strong at defending but also act as the midfield general of Betis by directing their plays in midfield. He has great stamina and good control of the ball. What’s more attracting is that he can also SCORE frequently from freekick :thmbup: , this will increase our strength in set pieces.

However, his asking price won’t be low as he’s the star in Betis. Providing that Galliani has to spend on Gila as well as Crespo… :rollani:

2. Demetrio Albertini

You must think ‘oh no, not this again :rollani: ’. But no, I remembered many XT posters here claimed that albertini in Lazio/Atalanta was an ex-player. It’s a funny tradition in XT that ;) , whenever a player is bashed to be an ex-player, he’ll bounce back soon :wallbang: . Examples are Ronaldo(b4 WC), Rui Costa(b4 ManUtd games), Crespo, Maldini(after WC) and so on… Trio proved himself to be a still capable midfield general by joining Barca and playing well for them. He’s not the one we saw in mid-90s of course, but he is sure the cheapest and most similar type of player to be Pirlo’s 2nd. :thmbup: His contract is due this summer and he’s still bleeding red and black. It’s high time galliani and Carlo to show that they are real gentlemen and real champion by calling Trio back for the good sake of the club instead of rejecting him due to personal reasons.

3. Stefano Fiore

He’s not an unfamiliar name in Milan’s board. He’s strongly rumoured to join us b4 Rui’s signing. :dazed: He’s only 29 but he still searching his first major medals:eekani: :dazed: in club level.(coppa not counted for course). He seldome plays for Valencia but he surely still has the tricks with him.(please don’t start saying he’s an ex-player) :rollani: . Juve :thmbdown: is linked with him at this moment :wallbang: and rumoured to take him at a bargain price in summer. :wallbang:

Fiore’s main weakness is that he never played in defensive playmaker role before. But his vision of the game and his passing range would make him an ideal choice. :thmbup: What’s more interesting is that his signing would release some pressure from Seedorf/Gattuso too as Fiore can play in both LM and RM position. Fiore played as AMC in Udinese which makes him suitable for Rui’s replacement too.With Fiore and Ambro on the bench, we can simply cover any of kaka-Pirlo-Seedorf-gattuso easily. We can rotate 6 of them for 4 positions, ensuring quality on the pitch as well as slimming the wage budget of the club.(Rui’s big salary’ll be expired and Brocchi’s salary can be saved by selling him)

All in all, the above three players in la liga are, IMO, the most feasible and capable players for Pirlo’s understudy. :lick: I’d be extremely disappointed if Galliani is to spend all money on Gila/Crespo again :rollani: and ignore Pirlo/Cafu vacuum once again. :mute: :rollani:

IMO, the Milan board should stress on problems which is most urgent.

As for Cafu’s 2nd there’s plenty in the market. :greed: Casetti, Aimo Diana, Trabelsi, Oddo, Maicon…none of them are near Cafu’s level, but would certainly do pretty well when Cafu’s absent.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pirlo is really unique I can't see any players like him, but I am really impressed by Essien, he is a mix of Gattuso and Pirlo, very strong but with a great technique! I think Juve wants him.
Albertini is aqua passata, I have respect for him, but we shouldn't take an old player back.
I am sure Oddo or Cassetti would do a good job.

·
Registered
54,576 Posts
Fiore is not a player in the Pirlo role. Maybe Pizarro of Udinese would be a good choice but he deserves more than the bench.

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
Dhorasoo Dhorasoo Dhorasoo

:wallbang:

Daniel Alves, very interesting player from Sevilla might be an alternative to Cafu, but remember that we won the CL and beat every team we came across with Simic and then Billy/RJ/Ambrosini as RB in the final.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
il_capitano said:
Pirlo is really unique I can't see any players like him, but I am really impressed by Essien, he is a mix of Gattuso and Pirlo, very strong but with a great technique! I think Juve wants him.
Albertini is aqua passata, I have respect for him, but we shouldn't take an old player back.
I am sure Oddo or Cassetti would do a good job.

Problem with these 2, is that none of them are exceptionally young, However we have a tendency to by experienced players, so they would suit our policy. Oddo is defenitely leaving Lazio and Cassetti is good enough to be here. We also want Mesto, But I don't rate him too highly.

I think Essien will join Man U.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's Essien's first season in Europe and his asking price is sky-high now(due to offers from virtually all big clubs), I prefer to wait one or more season before considering him.

Indeed, Assuncao is 26 and Fiore is 29, both fit our 'buy-established-stars-to-reduce-risk' policy over the past 3 years.

To politician,

Dhorasso is a good player, but I reckon that it's better to use him in Seedorf or Gattuso's role. To field him as defensive midfielder would expose his physical limitation I'm afraid.

And despite the fact that we won a CL with Simic/RJ, IMO it's not an excuse for overseeing our right back 'depth' problem. Cafu is instrumental in our attack for over a year now, his absence(toughwood it won't happen) would undermine the team greatly. Providing that our right midfielder in Rino, our right back is vital to our right-sided attacks.

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Demandred said:
I can't wait for Bayman's appearance in this thread...:)

Bayman has been less critical towards Andrea recently. :stuckup: Indeed he seldom posts in recent weeks.

I still remembered his lists of players which he claims that is better than Pirlo. Maniche, Albeda, Baraja, Mascherano, :shades: :eek:

But everyone makes mistakes. I also underestimated Gattuso when he first joined us many years ago. I'm sure Bayman would soon be back with us with his excellent analysis about the team again!

·
Registered
5,415 Posts
I would rather an impenetrable right than the rightside of Contra and Helveg...

It's alright for Vikash in Serie A, refs blow their whistle very quickly. Most fouled player in every game he played so far, and there's just no one fast enough to tackle him cleanly. In CL I've no bloody idea, though obviously Ambrosini can and have worked before, though at the expense of being able to play as nice as what we do with Andrea.

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Deano said:
Maybe Pizarro of Udinese would be a good choice but he deserves more than the bench.
Even though The King has spoken :shades: IMO Pizzarro is the player that resembles the most to Pirlo.

P.S. The King may be right though :stuckup:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
i've read that we are interested in hugo viana who is owned by newcastle but loaned to a portuguese club because he couldn't settle in england. but in portugal he plays well again.

i think maniche would be great in the pirlo role but he is way too good to be a substitute. i thnk that is the main problem. the really good players who could do be a real alternative to pirlo won't come to sit on our bench.

·
Registered
14,870 Posts
Elephant King said:
Bayman has been less critical towards Andrea recently. :stuckup: Indeed he seldom posts in recent weeks.
...So he has not been critical because he has not posted :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
On Yahoo yesterday it said we were looking at Ledesma for the Pirlo role and Oddo for Cafu.... that would be OK...

====================
Milan, la prossima stagione si riparte da Gila, Oddo e Ledesma
Mar 22 Mar, 11:54 AM

La corsa allo scudetto con la Juve e la sfida Champions con l'Inter non interrompono i piani societari in casa rossonera. A Via Turati sono gia' ben chiare le stretegie per la prossima stagione: rinforzi pochi e mirati. Con Crespo verso la conferma e Jankulovski praticamente gia' rossonero a garantire il futuro attacco del Diavolo ci pensera' Alberto Gilardino, attaccante del Parma e della Nazionale. Poi, arriveranno due vice: il vice-Pirlo, Cristian Ledesma 22enne del Lecce e il vice-Cafu, il laziale Massimo Oddo, cresciuto a Milanello.(Corriere dello Sport Stadio)

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
U want the truth, i can't find a replacement for Pirlo!! He's 26, so we'll count on him the most if he's not injured or absent!

Cafu = Magic, i didn't see his kind of a right back ever, BUT he is old, & i have an idea about a good replacement, i don't know if u noticed MARCO MOTTA of atlanta??
The kid is fantastic, we'll have to make a move early, because Man utd & arsenal are interested!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,798 Posts
Assunçao & Fiore are not likely to join us as a backup for Pirlo. And for Albertini, I shall refrain from making any comments on him :mute: least Fabiana reappears from nowhere again and have another jab at me :D

IMO, we have 2 possible candidates already on our roster, Dhorasoo and Rui Costa.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Elephant King said:

I still remembered his lists of players which he claims that is better than Pirlo. Maniche, Albeda, Baraja, Mascherano, :shades: :eek:
That is because I'm - temporarily - not a student any more. :D ;)
Still want these players, but mercato is over, so no need to post.
And in a 5 man midfield Pirlo is OK, though I think the praise he received was overdone. Imo Seedorf was MOM in both ManUrd matches.

On topic:
None of the three mentioned players should join us.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
We should get Udinese's Felipe. That's the only current Serie A player I'd add to Gila and Jankulovski. Maybe Pizarro too.
The rest are too expensive, not needed or not good enough.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I think Pizzaro could fit into two roles... that of Pirlo and that of Kakà (although he different to the brazilian)... this could be beneficial if Rui leaves...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts