Xtratime Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Legend
12,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a very positive season with Reggina, Andrea Pirlo comes back at Inter with a title more, that of Under 21 European champion, and with a great enthusiasm.

"This year is the first one I hear I'll be a starter in the line-up. Well, no doubt, I'll fight hard to keep my place there, I'm ready to play everywhere the coach wants, even as left attacking midfielder. At the contrary, if I'll be benched, I'll accept that waiting for the turnover" he said.

"I hope to stay here for a long time. I have the chance to play in a team rather 'young', but with a great international experience. And I'm sure I can give my contribution to reach some important targets".

"Inter is the team I supported since I was a child, this is a reason more why I'll give out my best always" finally Pirlo added.

Isn´t this a true Inter player, then I don´t know.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great words by Pirlo, especially the part of supporting Inter.

BUT lets not forget that Recoba said almost exactly the same thing when he arived from Venezia last year. He said something like "I play as a goalie, if thats wut Lippi wants". And after a succesful year with Inter, he was complaining about not getting enough playtime and almost refused to be in a rotationsystem.

All I'm saying is that lets not be too naive. You won't here these kind of words if he'll have a succesful year with Inter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts