Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our man, isn't he a great technical!! :smileani: :smileani:

But the question is, is Pirlo doing his best as a defensive midfielder, or u think he was better as an attacking mid/forward as he initially was with U21 Azzuri??

·
Registered
60,603 Posts
Why fix something that aint broken ? Your midfield has been the best in Italian football for a while now, so I don't see why you should use Andrea Pirlo as a fantasista. Plus, Kaka is the better player technically speaking.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
id use him upfront...but not many ppl will agree claiming its genious to use him back where he just launched 20 bad balls for every good one

·
Registered
441 Posts
hes good upfront but maby he ain't that confident .. wouldn't blame him since hes competin kaka' ............ this way as a CM ... he'll have a chance with offense ..and defense which he has become better at btw ... in offense he just helps kaka' a bit and the other while in defense he helps gatuso ... he just adds the topping ! sometimes extra topping!

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
lav, face the truth, there's no option for pirlo to move up front or stay as DM.

remember why Andrea was put in DM position at the very beginning? It was the arrival of Rivaldo and the revival of Rui forced him out of the AM position. At that time there were only 2 options, bench pirlo or find him another position.

So, what did Pirlo gave us in the past 2 and a half season? NUMEROUS ASSISTS, 1 SCUDETTO, 1 CL AND 1 SUPER CUP.

I know Bayman would soon apear from nowhere and say 'he's so poor in defending and waste too many long balls.'. But dudes, Gattuso is the one responsible for defending, and Pirlo is the one who's been instructed to launch long balls to unlock cantenaccio.

At the current moment, as long as kaka still opeates in our team as the attacking midfielder, there's few options for ancelotti. To put Ambro as DM and bench Pirlo, or vice versa... There's NO options as 'move up front'.

p.s. sad news...solari is rumoured to be signed by Barca...

p.p.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE HERE, WISH ALL OF YOU A FRUITFUL YEAR AHEAD.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah i agree with u all, Kaka is magnificent up infront, Pirlo is more than great in his current position, i will be the worst thing to do if he's got benched

So i think ancelotii did it right, he tested his passing abilities, particularly in long pass, & he invented this to him, it turned out to be more then usually useful actually :D :D

I also don't think he's wasting roo much long balls, he's no doubt organizing much of the work at midfield, & many of sheva's goals are made by PIRLO ;)

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
Elephant King said:
p.s. sad news...solari is rumoured to be signed by Barca...

p.p.s. HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE HERE, WISH ALL OF YOU A FRUITFUL YEAR AHEAD.
I wouldn´t mind this sad news if we get Jankulovski. I think him + Kaldze + Seedorf would form one hell of a left flank trio, rotating and dominating. :thmbup: :jester:

Happy new year :devil:

·
Registered
667 Posts
True peive, rather Jankulovski then Solari :p

And back to topic, i like to have Pirlo where he is, his long balls are very usfull against some teams and his defending has gotten better.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Pirlo can play both position but why should he play behind the strikers if we have Rui and Kaka.
We have nobody who can replace him in middlefield cuz his way of playing is unique.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Well, this autumn, Pirlo has been in bad shape, really. He never rested during the summer and has been fatigued all the time, hardly doing any running and has been very passive off the ball.
His judgements of time and distance has been rather off too, I've never seen him launch so many chance balls. Previously, his long balls were always dangerous. They didn't always land perfectly at the feet of Pippo and Sheva but they did let our attackers come in with an equal advantage to fight for the ball and thus always give the defenders a real headache. This autumn however, there hasn't even been any fighting for those balls. Andrea has just kicked them forwards and the defenders collect.

BUT! thankfully, he's been moving around again, which has also let Seedorf and Gattuso move around abit too. His passes are also better and as he moves around more, he does more short passing as he recieves more passes again.
Our play has suffered since he just stayed in the defenders lap and hardly did any movement. Thankfully, he seems to have some energy in his legs again and is starting to move in from behind to fill in and reinforce the gaps left by our midfielders.
So the whole midfield and our whole game seems to have improved now, thankfully. Hope it lasts. The only problem I see is that when Gatusso will move forwards more, he will shoot more. I don't know why he likes to shoot so much when he evidently can't ;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Elephant King said:
lav, face the truth, there's no option for pirlo to move up front or stay as DM.
i love the sheva and two creators behind....and andrea and kaka would be what i would like to see...cause you have a perfect passer and a dribbler...
thing with andrea is for me his short passes are much better then his lobs and half field kicks

Elephant King said:
remember why Andrea was put in DM position at the very beginning? It was the arrival of Rivaldo and the revival of Rui forced him out of the AM position. At that time there were only 2 options, bench pirlo or find him another position.
Rui's revival was minature to say hte least...and Riva played support to inzaghino the whole time, while sheva was KO'ed at start of year...so that dont hold up too much...

Elephant King said:
So, what did Pirlo gave us in the past 2 and a half season? NUMEROUS ASSISTS, 1 SCUDETTO, 1 CL AND 1 SUPER CUP.
you cant say he gave us that...the team did all that....and pirlo was the weak link in our CL run as in the first group stage he would loose alot of balls to better tougher mids....

i still maintain he only dominates vs a weaker midfield...vs a stronger one he has no chance

Elephant King said:
At the current moment, as long as kaka still opeates in our team as the attacking midfielder, there's few options for ancelotti. To put Ambro as DM and bench Pirlo, or vice versa... There's NO options as 'move up front'.
i dont rate crespo so i disagree with that

·
Registered
10,213 Posts
Lav said:
id use him upfront...but not many ppl will agree claiming its genious to use him back where he just launched 20 bad balls for every good one
PIRLO DOMINATES IN SERIE A

MILAN - 'Tuttosport' reports a survey compiled by Digital Soccer Project and reproduced through Forza Milan! magazine which states that Andrea Pirlo is the leader of four special rankings out of 16 carried out at the end of the last Serie A campaign. He is the best in terms of passes played (2589), for ball possession (123 hours played and 39 minutes), for successful balls (661) and successful passes (2093). It means that Pirlo plays nearly 90 balls per game, holds possession for four minutes per game, plays 20 useful balls per game and produces 65 successful passes per game in Serie A with Milan.

acmilan.it

Gazzetta dello Sport's rankings at the end of last season:

Central midfielders:
1. Pirlo 6,53
2. Emerson 6,42
3. A Conte 6,38
4. Perrotta 6,35
5. C Zanetti 6,32

·
Registered
28,190 Posts
Laudrup said:

MILAN - 'Tuttosport' reports a survey compiled by Digital Soccer Project and reproduced through Forza Milan! magazine which states that Andrea Pirlo is the leader of four special rankings out of 16 carried out at the end of the last Serie A campaign. He is the best in terms of passes played (2589), for ball possession (123 hours played and 39 minutes), for successful balls (661) and successful passes (2093). It means that Pirlo plays nearly 90 balls per game, holds possession for four minutes per game, plays 20 useful balls per game and produces 65 successful passes per game in Serie A with Milan.

acmilan.it

Central midfielders:
1. Pirlo 6,53
2. Emerson 6,42
3. A Conte 6,38
4. Perrotta 6,35
5. C Zanetti 6,32
Wow :eekani:

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Laudrup said:

acmilan.it

Central midfielders:
1. Pirlo 6,53
2. Emerson 6,42
3. A Conte 6,38
4. Perrotta 6,35
5. C Zanetti 6,32

AMAZING :thmbup: :thmbup:
from the day he landed his feet on the football pitch, Pirlo was amazing..
He was born great!!
We r fortunate to have this guy :)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
you cant say he gave us that...the team did all that....and pirlo was the weak link in our CL run as in the first group stage he would loose alot of balls to better tougher mids....
:eekani::dazed:

Did I read that right? :lala::mute:

Honestly, anyone saying such things, I would question their understanding of football and more precisely their tactical knowledge and understanding of football. :groan:

Incredible. Why don't you watch more Milan games Lav? And for a change, why don't you get an open mind and stop being so overwhelmingly negative and pessimistic?:eek:

Pirlo is the most important piece of the team tactically speaking. I don't have the time to explain to you in detail in what consists the role of Andrea as it's been done countless times in this forum in numerous threads. The best advice one could give you is pay more close attention to Andrea's game and role next time you catch a Milan match...;)

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
HB21 said:
But the question is, is Pirlo doing his best as a defensive midfielder, or u think he was better as an attacking mid/forward as he initially was with U21 Azzuri??
Why don't we ask Bayman on this?:lala:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
San Siro said:
Honestly, anyone saying such things, I would question their understanding of football and more precisely their tactical knowledge and understanding of football. :groan:

Incredible. Why don't you watch more Milan games Lav? And for a change, why don't you get an open mind and stop being so overwhelmingly negative and pessimistic?:eek:
watch the games vs bayern payman...or vs inter or any tight games and see if Pirlo was the greatness some of you think he is

i am not negative...i just prefer watching him play more upfront like he did when he singlehandedly took us to the CL in that late season run.

San Siro said:
Pirlo is the most important piece of the team tactically speaking. I don't have the time to explain to you in detail in what consists the role of Andrea as it's been done countless times in this forum in numerous threads. The best advice one could give you is pay more close attention to Andrea's game and role next time you catch a Milan match...;)
i do it involves alot of balls that are useless, alot of easy run's besiude him by bigger stronger players and maybe 1-2 nice passes all game

tactically the most crucial player in our team is cafu today....watch so see how many times he runs up that flank, gives a 1-2, or takes a guy, and makes a cross that leads to a sheva goal.....countless...its like pancaro last season....

pirlo is the stranges tactical move in our team though, it is not a bad move but not a great one IMO.

·
Registered
13,202 Posts
Laudrup said:

acmilan.it

Central midfielders:
1. Pirlo 6,53
2. Emerson 6,42
3. A Conte 6,38
4. Perrotta 6,35
5. C Zanetti 6,32

Conte ranks taht high and same for CZ it tells you something about these ratings

20 usefull balls out of what 90??? thats a terrible average...it means he plays 70 uselless balls a game

pirlo is an amazing player and my favorite in this team, and has been since boban left, but i dont think that he is as effective here as he could be in a more advanced role.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
San Siro said:
Why don't we ask Bayman on this?:lala:

Cheers.;)

As Lav said, the best Pirlo ever played was at the end of the 01/02 season.
He scored regularly (not including penalties) and helped a team w/o many of todays stars (Seedorf, Sheva injured, Cafu, Nesta....) to make a tremendous finish to the season.

Btw. I also agree that these ratings are a joke. Imo, some "big-team-bias". If these are Serie A's best midfielder (especially No3-5) than even Portuguese league is better tha Serie A.
I'd take Udinese's Pizzaro over any of these 3.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts