Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It seems that these two players are Villarreal's no.1 target this summer in the transfer market.

Pires is basically a done deal, he will sign a two-year contract, as reported in the British press and confirmed by Tacchinardi (who was informed of the news while meeting the President to discuss his own contract).

Villarreal are also interested in Milan Baros, who has a buy-out clause at struggling Aston Villa.

Nihat is another target which was mentioned by Tacchinardi according to the Spanish press.

·
Registered
5,440 Posts
Nihat playing for Villareal would have been amazing. The thought of his speed and shots next to Riquelme makes me drool...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Those two would take Villarreal to the next level and keep them fighting for the top 4 spots, actually they have to get players of this caliber to continue on the path they´re on! If Pires comes then it´ll mean that you´ll have to drop Sorin (or play him as LB) or put Senna on the anchor spot with Sorin and Pires flanking Riquelme, but this would take so much out of Senna´s overall contribution and he isn´t exactly an anchor type player. Also putting Sorin as LB after his performance on the first leg against Inter would seem lunacy as he´s clearly better in the midfield!

BTW, which papers have mentioned the Pires deal, any sources?

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Yes, Baros could fit just nicely in Spain and Villarreal, but if I had to choose between him and Nihat, I´d take Nihat everytime!

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
nihat,riquelme > ronaldinho,etoo and aimar,villa

·
Registered
7,880 Posts
First off Pires would be a great signing, despite his age, the speed of Villareal and La Liga would somewhat mask it.

As for Baros and Nihat, I agree theyd fit in but they would surely be as a replacement for Forlan. I hope that doesnt mean the Uruguayan is on his way to Barca although my opinion on him has changed 100%.

Although Maxi comment is incorrect in them being over the Barca pair it will be very very very good.

------------Viera----------------
Josemi--Gonzalo--Alvarez-Rodolfo
--------Senna---Tacchinardi----
-----------------------Sorin----
------------Riquelme------------
---Pires------------------------
---------------Nihat------------

Of course if they plan to go more attacking and keep Forlan (which they should!) this lineup on Paper looks fantastic

-----------Viera-------------
Josemi--Gonzalo--Quique--Rodolfo
----------Senna------------------
--------------------Sorin---------
----------------------------------
-------------Riquelme--------Pires-
----Nihat--------------------------
--------------Forlan---------------

·
Registered
28 Posts
Baros is an individual player, he wouldn't fit in with the Submarines strong basis on teamwork and passing.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nihat would be a great signing for Villarreal! :excited: :thumbsup:

I hope Baros does'nt come though, I'd prefer Nihat as the new striker!

Although, if it is true that Forlan is going to Barca then Villarreal may need to sign two strikers anyway.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Maximiliano said:
nihat,riquelme > ronaldinho,etoo and aimar,villa
:howler: You really are a funny guy

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
Pires: No deal with Villarreal
By Adam Marshall - Created on 6 Apr 2006
Robert Pires has denied agreeing to join Villarreal when his Arsenal contract expires in the summer.

The experienced Frenchman is on the wanted list of several clubs, including The Gunners' UEFA Champions League semi-final opponents, as negotiations stall over fresh terms in North London.

Despite reports claiming the former Marseille man was incensed at being left out of the starting line-up for the draw against Juventus that sealed Arsenal's place in the last four in Europe, the player has still to decide on his future.

"The Italian press say I am going to Roma or to Fiorentina," he told L'Equipe.

"The Scottish press say I'm going to Glasgow Rangers. I am supposed to be going everywhere, but the truth is I have still not taken a decision.

"It makes me laugh. I will make the decision but it is also nice to be watched by other clubs."

Pires came on as a substitute in Turin and is likely to continue focusing on this season's endeavours before making a firm decision on his future.

The 32-year-old explained that talks are on hold with his present employers, who are offering a one-year extension to his contract.

"There are no negotiations," he stated.

"Things are always on 'stand-by'.

"They have offered me something so we'll have to see what my choice will be."

·
Registered
515 Posts
maybe so, but even if he did sign, he wouldnt say it what with the upcoming game between the two teams.

·
Registered
5,600 Posts

·
Banned
3,325 Posts

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
sonic18 said:
kiss this :ass: :tongue:
if you are a girl is not a problem :D :D