Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
I haven't read that anywhere, fortunately, but I know he was set to make his decision on Friday. What reason did they give for him signing at Aresenal? The money, Wenger, or Real's director problems?

R

·
0 Posts
Yup... but Real buy a player (and expensive) who dont fit in first 11? I didn`t believe that Pires would come to Real, if there is Arsenal? Come on guys! It could be hard to him to come Spain because he dont understand spanish and the culture is so much different than french culture. Premier League is better choice to Pires.

P

·
0 Posts
Um..... First of all, Pires' mother is from Oviedo which is in Spain. His father is Portuguese which makes him a full-blooded Iberian. Also, he has family in Madrid.

Second, as a Spaniard living in France, I don't think the two cultures are terribly different. They are bother decidedly Mediterranean/Latin.

I don't think those two points can rule him out from playing in Madrid, especially since he wanted to play here because of his roots.

I also don't think the Premier league is the place for him. I think he could adapt very well to the Primera.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts