Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See guys, he isn't as bad as you guys say he is. He helped Italy into the semi finals!!!:)

I think Conte had a good match too, along with Iuliano. After all, the Juventus captain fed Totti for the first goal.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Inzaghi had a good game I agree. He should have scored on one other chance, while he made a good effort when Stelea made a great side and turned his firsttimer on to the post.
He was always in the danger area and made his contribution.

N.B I believe it was Fiore who gave Totti the through ball.

Ciao.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Italy was so incredibly boring that even Pippo looked exiting at times...see what I mean when I say he is selfish? he didnt give any credit to the man who gave him that great pass toi score,noit even a look...he even waived other players so he could celebrate by himself....

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
AMO; It's OK that you bash Pippo, but it's just as boring as Italy's midfield when you do it always- regardsless of the background.
Pippo ALWAYS celebrate in this way. When he hit the post he was 1 second into running towards the fans. It's just his style. No matter how great an assist is- if there is none- if his team is up by 3 he will always celebrate like that.
When Totti scored Inzaghi was wide open in front of the net and called for it, but as Totti buried it (good goal too by the way) Inzaghi ran straight to him and greeted him for scoring. He didn't dive today. He didn't whine about ref. referee or colleagues.

He played his part and do not deserve to be bullied today. Save it for a rainy day :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Amo you just want to bash Inzaghi, what about Titto did he run to Fiore or did he even give him a look when he scored the first goal.
i really give a lot of credit of that goal to Inzaghi, Albertini made a great pass, and i think that today he was superb but Inzaghi did really well to position himself and the goal was really great....
Inzaghi had a great game today, hate him or what he was good, he could have scored two more, especially when he hit the post....
anyway i would not say that Italy was boring today...i really liked their game plan...scoring against the run of play and then containing Romania in defence.
Italy has a great chance to win this championship

·
Registered
374 Posts
I think that maybe Inzaghi celebrated that way because of all the criticism aimed at him lately, kind of like the way Davids did to Capello when he scored against Roma. But, yes, he DOES always celebrate in a similar fashion. I just thought that he did it to prove a point tonight, though. He had a great game, by the way. :) GREAT first-timer and an equally great save by Stelea!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I STAND CORRECTED. READ ON:

Euro2000-Inzaghi dedicates goal to his mother
By Gideon Long

BRUSSELS, June 24 (Reuters)(DS) - Italy's Filippo Inzaghi scored his first goal in open play for more than three months at Euro 2000 on Saturday and dedicated it to his mother, who had not seen him play for over two years.
Inzaghi's mother Marina was in the stands when her son split his lip during a European Cup semifinal against Monaco in 1998. The Juventus striker had to have stitches in the gash and is still scarred. "Ever since I hurt myself in Monte Carlo my mum hadn't been to the stadium to see me play because that time she and my dad were both there and she was really afraid," Inzaghi said after scoring Italy's second goal in their 2-0 Euro 2000 quarter-final defeat of Romania. "This evening she returned to the stadium for the first time since then and I want to dedicate my goal to them."

Inzaghi, one of the most consistent strikers in Serie A,had
hit a barren spell and had not scored in open play for either club or country in his last 14 appearances.
He scored his last goal for Juventus on March 12 and had
only scored once for Italy since then -- from the penalty spot in his side's defeat of Turkey in their opening match of Euro 2000.

"I'm very happy. we had a good game and we did some good
things tonight," said Inzaghi, who also hit the post.
"But this is not a turning point. I'm happy I've scored in
open play but the greater joy is that Italy have won and have qualified for the semifinals."

·
Registered
392 Posts
Pippo was fantastic last night. He not only scored a goal, he was also useful around the field. And how sweet of him to dedicate his goal to his mother. :)

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Ok,if he dedicated the goal to his mother...but I still dont get why he ALWAYS celebrate by his own....

As for Totti not passing the ball to Inzaghi its incredibly simple Glen,the goal wouldnt count.When Fiore made the ball,Totti was not off side,but Inzaghi was off side for something like 5 metres,As long as he didnt participate in the action the ref did well not to stop the play,but if Inzaghi had scored the goal wouldnt count because he was offside from the beggining.

Remember Belgium's cancelled goal against Turkey?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Inzaghi was great against Romania, and I was especially happy for him after his poor run in the past few months. I hope some of his critics stop treating him as though he's not even a footballer and just some big headed loser who screams and complains. About the celebrations, I couldn't have cared less if he didn't go straight for Albertini. Like Glen said, he was perfectly happy that Totti scored instead of passing to him. The goals were incredibly important for Italy, and also for Inzaghi. I think most people have forgotten what a good striker Pippo really is. He may not be a brilliant footballer, but his vision alone can get him goals -- and plenty of offsides.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I still think Del Piero should be Zoff's first choice. Why not DP and Totti up front? Sigh, everytime I see italy's line up I almost cry because DP isnt there! It freakn killes me to see that Inzaghi plays instead of DP. What is it with Zoff? ****!!!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Amoroso: Why don't you criticise Totti for celebrating alone after an equally excellent pass from Fiore? Please man, you should sometimes really hold yourself...:mad:

Inzaghi had a terrific match, I would give him a 7.5.
The goal was good, the pass was great, but didn't you guys see Pippo's class when he hit the post?

Albertini made a high pass, and Pippo caught the ball with his right foot in mid-air, and put it back down again on the floor without even losing contact with it!!! Now, you guys can say he has no creativity or control at all, but that play really impressed me:D. The shot wasn't bad either, a lot of power, I didn't know Inzaghi could do that. Too bad Stelea made that save..:(

·
Registered
374 Posts
Amo, I'm pretty sure it was Cannavaro who was offside right at the top of the six-yard box when the ball was played in by Fiore. Pippo was onside(for once!;)) when the pass to Totti was made. Totti just decided to take it himself. I'm glad he did too! It was a GREAT goal!!! :)

·
Registered
881 Posts
U get me!

Ramy, My feelings exactly. It kills me also 2 see the best being benched,Why? If Del Piero doesnt start against Holland then Italy are gonna suffer. These guys create chances for fun and also tuck them away. I think Italy will have a positive approach to the match,( like against Turkey) so DP will have to be involved hopefully, and not Inzaghi. They need their strongest players to play ie DEL PIERO how ****ing hard is that for Zoff to understand :mad:

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
I cant understand it, DP was great against sweden. I dont like Inzaghi, he looks like he's going to have a heartattack when he scores. DP looked so cool when he scored against sweden. A player with an enormous heart. And 10times better than Inzaghi. If DP dont start against holland, I will personally go to holland and have a couple of words with Zoff! :)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As all of you here, I would love to see DP in the starting lineup. But in place of who? Totti, Fiore are doing a good job. In place of Inzaghi? it's is hard for me to see Totti,DP,fiore all at the same time. It may work, but a Euro semi-final game isn't the place to try new things out. I can't see DP taking Totti or Fiore place, unless one of them is injured or suspended (i don't want to see that happening).

At the end of the day, no one can complain about Zoff choices. Italy is winning.

Forza Juve

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A.Del; i agree with u totaly, know if zof still continue playing his boring defensive style playung 3-6-1!! we will go out of this cup with a hestoryic deffet ... Del Piero must and i mean must play if we have a chance aginest holand .. totti is not that good .. if we have to choose between DP & totti i choose DP ... i still think totti is not an atacker he is playing along side of fiore in the midfield .. even in roma he always got substuted with nakta who is a midfielder ... simple we need DP up front

pippo .. one goal of three chances man to man with the goal .. i am not convenced!!:( get montela in at least he have SKILLS ..

forza juv

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
This has absolutely nothing to do with Inzaghi's brilliant performance,but it was him who was offside,not Cannavaro...

As for the rest,.he had a great game and he is better rthan Van Bastan it seems.Get real,its good old Pippo who dives,whines and misses goals...

Totti celebrated with everyone...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts