Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
25,266 Posts
Pippo is a brilliant striker. He doesn't do much outside of the box, he doesn't look great doing it, he's caught offside a million times a game but his goalscoring record speaks for itself.

·
Registered
8,043 Posts
Pippo rules! One of the greatest strikers of this generation. Loves the way he is always happy in all his celebrations. You would think he is some 17 year old scoring in his debut

·
Registered
398 Posts
not the best striker of his generation, but when it comes to being a poacher he's the first person that springs to mind.

maybe not as good this century as rvn.. but it'll be more fair to compare them once rvn is 36.

·
Rookie of the Year 2007
10,003 Posts
Yeah, but not many players can actually have 100 chances in a game can they?
Eighty of those chances are when he's in an off-side position!

Does not look 36 years old, and still has those killer instincts in front of goal in tact.

Still prefer Sheva as a striker, but what the hell has happened to him? He looks half the player pre- Chelsea move and he's a good few years younger than Pippo.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts

still most dreadful striker, cassanova in the world :thumbsup: he is only 36:pp
Pippo doesn't turn 36 until Aufust but still once a champion always one:thumbsup:.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Wouldnt exactly call his goalscoring ration "amazing".

Bulk of his career seems to be:

Juve - played 120 - Scored 57
Milan - Played 154 - Scored 60

127 Goals in 274 games is not the best striker of his generation! Thats less then 1 goal every 2 games!

I will stand corrected if these stats are wrong . .

I admit, I never liked him as a player, always thought he was playing with teams well above his ability. I dont watch him that much, but anytime I have seen him , I havent seen him contribute an awful lot to teams.

If you are offside alot and need alot of chances to score goals, then how can you be classed as a top forward. I thought a top forward was somebody who scored loads of goals, with less chances . . .

Ole Gunnar Solskaer doesnt have a huge goalscoring ratio, but you bet on him scoring a chance more often then not (he didnt need 30 chances to score, just one or two) and he contributed far more to the team. Thats just one example, Im sure there are loads others on differant teams. Pippo has been blessed to play for Serie A's best clubs and would certainly be on of those players who I scratch my head wondering "how!".

·
Registered
28,216 Posts
People form the UK just don't like the guy, simple as that. Myself, i don't mind Pippo at all :smileani:

·
Registered
17,197 Posts
Wouldnt exactly call his goalscoring ration "amazing".

Bulk of his career seems to be:

Juve - played 120 - Scored 57
Milan - Played 154 - Scored 60

127 Goals in 274 games is not the best striker of his generation! Thats less then 1 goal every 2 games!

I will stand corrected if these stats are wrong . .

I admit, I never liked him as a player, always thought he was playing with teams well above his ability. I dont watch him that much, but anytime I have seen him , I havent seen him contribute an awful lot to teams.

If you are offside alot and need alot of chances to score goals, then how can you be classed as a top forward. I thought a top forward was somebody who scored loads of goals, with less chances . . .

Ole Gunnar Solskaer doesnt have a huge goalscoring ratio, but you bet on him scoring a chance more often then not (he didnt need 30 chances to score, just one or two) and he contributed far more to the team. Thats just one example, Im sure there are loads others on differant teams. Pippo has been blessed to play for Serie A's best clubs and would certainly be on of those players who I scratch my head wondering "how!".
simply because he was one of the best poachers at positioning. The amount of chances makes up for the ones he misses. Also his ability in tight situations in the box have made him perform at any level. He has the total striker instinct that others don't necessarily have.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
incredible finisher, one of my favourite players- his celebrations are awesome- the one that sticks out in my mind is when he scored late on against lyon in the 05/06 ucl, loved the way he stood on the advertising boards and saluted the crowd.

·
Scudetto
23,385 Posts
Scoring a goal is probably one of the best feelings in life. Don't hate him because he celebrates it :D

1 - 20 of 97 Posts