Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it seems highly likely that Trezeguet is now a Juve player the Italian press is VERY keen on getting Pippo out of Turin.

This is the latest from Calciomercato:

Milan target Filippo Inzaghi

AC Milan have targeted Juventus and Italy striker
Filippo Inzaghi and are willing to pay $25
million plus Gennaro Gattuso and Diego De
Ascentis. Milan hope to take advantage of the
problems between Juve and Inzaghi over the
negotiation of a new deal. However Juve will only
think about Inzaghi's transfer if they complete a
deal to bring Monaco striker David Trezeguet to
Turin.

I don't want Diego De Ascentis anyway near our club !
Gennaro gattuso is going to be a very good player, but we have better ones already, so if Milan would give us 25 mill.£ plus the estimated value of both I would give a green ligt :).

Then we could say: WELCOME ATHIRSON without having spend that much :). Then I would be satisfied, but obviously... VIERIA would be nice too :).

Ciao.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
So the grand old lady gets a new look! :cool:

Yup, all we need now is a left wing back, Athirson could fix that problem!

De Ascentis isnt any good, Gattuso has potential, but yeah we have better players than him. 25$mill is alot of money + two fair enough players. Who knows, maybe they will turn into two Davids here in Juve :) :)

·
Normal Human
433 Posts
Athirson?
doping scandal
Viera, not too good.

I am not lying but i honestly had a dream where Trezeguet was playing for Juve, also Viera. NO lies.
however Inzaghi was still on the field also.
so was Petit.

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Watcher; I will have to vehemently disagree on Vieira. i thought he would have erased all the doubts after his performances in the EURO tournament. Great workrate, technique, aerial strenght, no cards (as I remember) and two great assists (Wiltord against Denmark and for Djorjaeff against Spain).

Athirson took a second test that was negative. It hardly escalated into a fullblown scandal either. The "drug" he used was to diminish appetite, and was supposedly prescribed by his physician.

Either way I still want Athirson first because we nned a left midfield. Vieira simply because nothing would beat a Zidane-Davids-Vieira triangle in midfield :).

Ciao.

M

·
0 Posts
Almost everyone here likes Athirson from word of mouth, and never really seen him play that often. Glen was convinced that he was a good player, and now everyone here is assuming the same.

I would like someone (non-brazilian) that have seen him play more than 10 times to tell us about this player. I hope he is not like Denilson or savio, players that dribble all the time. we don't want that in Juve.

Also, Gattuso is great. He has a big heart like davids. never giveup attitude, and can run all night. Seeing davids, Gattuso play will lift the players spirit, and would try to play even better. lets just forget about Viera (tachi must stay with us) and do Inzaghi for $30+gattuso kind of deal, don't want De Ascentis either.

Forza JUVE

[Edited by Mirro on 27-06-2000 at 23:29]

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Eyh I've seen Athirson a couple of times now, he is fast and has great technique. Who else should we buy? There is short on left wingbacks these days. There are good, but they are here in the european clubs. And it would be freakn expensive to buy one here. So why dont get Athirson? Who knows, maybe he'll turn into a R. Carlos! :)

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
I think that, like Glen said, if we can get Vieira, we can have an very good triangle in the midfield... I mean imagine Davids, Zidane and Vieira playing together!!!, they are tree of the best midfielders in the Euro, and we would have them; And I would prefer Vieira that Gattuso.
But Anyway Vieira or not juve need a left wing,a defencive midfielder and if Inzagui goes away a forward to use him in the Champions League.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
If we need a left midfielder, i think Cassano will be great. But most of you mentioned left back! If we play 4-4-2 then maybe we should buy this Athirson. Never heard of him before, i hope he is good. Guttuso will be good and i thought De Ascntis was good at Bari but didn't really do good at Milan. Why everyone wants Vieira still has me stuffed. We have Tacchinardi and now O'Neill who have both been great last season. Vieira has that Premier League attitude and i don't think he will be able to prove himself in Serie A.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts