Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many people say that it is right for JVP to leave because of his high wage and if he was sold we would not only make up his wages but also make a profit but the thing that most pisses me off is that players like bossio, rojas and chano when their wage is added together they are earning more than pinto but yet they stay.

B

·
0 Posts
Azevedo is an idiot! I'm a Sporting fan but JVP is what Benfica is all about he's even on their website along with the symbol and now that let him go! I say bring him to Sporting I'd love to have him!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Well, if Sporting picks up Joao, I am going to have a tough time deciding what team to cheer for. I agree with Bullet, Joao Pinto has been an integral part of the team, and to let him go this way is unprofessional and unethical. And as hard as it is to say, Benfica's whole business strategy has followed the same theme!

The say his departure is because of his wage. well if he had an amazing season, and wanted a raise everyone would call foul! That is what contracts are all about, yu have to homour them regardless. If mgt felt he wasn't producing, sell him!!!! DOn't GIVE him up for $0

·
Registered
646 Posts
The wage bull**** is a red herring. JVA's got to attempt to justify this to the Socio's so he goes for the old greedy player routine. utter bollocks. SLB's right, he's only on about £10K

This was a ultimatum from Heynckes - JVP or me.

And JVA choses Heynckes, a man as coach of Benfica says the portuguese league is crap and hates portuguese players, over a portuguese folk hero like JVP, the only guy who stayed in Portugal.

I say send the ****er back to Germany

·
International
5,629 Posts
WOW Sportinguistas so concerned about Benfica...and a fair weather Benfiquista willing to jump ship to Sporting if JVP lands there.

HELL HAS FROZEN OVER! :(

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
redeagle no player is bigger than the club and i hope pinto goes abroad so he can still be one of my favourite players. benfica existed be4 pinto and will exist after but what gets to me is that he got no respect for his time at the club went for free when we could have got money for him and his wages may have been a stumbling block for the likes of boavista but not for bigger clubs.

I will support benfica forever and find it insulting that someone suggests otherwise i am merly stating some points about benfica at the moment.

·
Registered
89 Posts
SLB,

I think redeagle was talking about me! Leaving Benfica and cheering on Sporting may be an exaggerated comment in the heat of the moment. I hate SCP and will continue to do so, however, I have more respect for a team that builds on their domestic talent, instead of building a nursing home for English rejects, and presently, Spanish rejects!!!!!

Instead of hiring high profile managers, let's keep Benfica Portuguese!!!!! Both on the bench and on the pitch. Portugal has shown they have world-class talent in all junior tournaments!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well if JVP is pissed off he can take it out on our Euro opponents and prove that he's not the falling superstar the does not produce. So I would the the Germany conspiracy can only backfire and fail! :)

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well if JVP is pissed off he can take it out on our Euro opponents and prove that he's not the falling superstar the does not produce. So I would think that the Germany conspiracy can only backfire and fail! :)

------------------
Viva o Benfica!

·
International
5,629 Posts
Well if JVP is pissed off he can take it out on our Euro opponents and prove that he's not the falling superstar the does not produce. So I would think that the Germany conspiracy can only backfire and fail! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts