Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am deeply fascinated by brazil and especially the part that was shown in cidade de deus (2002), and yes I know that it is a movie and that it takes place years back, but what fascinates me is the images of those dark alleys, back alleys, narrow paths between the blocks, the tall worn down buildings, all the parts of the poor areas that are so well shown in that movie. Well to my point with this thread :)
I am an illustrator and I would like to make a series of drawings with such parts from brazil, but I need to find some pictures of such parts of brazil to get some inspiration, and I have been searching very hard pictures of that side brazil but all I have found are pictures of the glamourous/positive part of brazil, the beaches, the parties ect, so I was wondering of any of you could tell me where to find such pictures of places like the ones used in cidade de deus?

Thanx

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
search for "morro do juramento", "complexo do alemão", "morro dos macacos", "morro azul" and "rocinha" in google.com. you might find what you want.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
that movie is great,city of God
:)

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i searched for those words, but so far I only found two pictures, if anyone has more pictures you vary welcome to tell me where to find them...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Nicolas said:
Well i searched for those words, but so far I only found two pictures, if anyone has more pictures you vary welcome to tell me where to find them...
i think j camilo can help u :shades:

·
Registered
2,061 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts