Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

Can you help with links to pictures of the best Armenia Stadium. Also club stadium. Many thanks.

Sapele
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,901 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Poland-Cement and Baron Dants many thanks.
I would try and visit this country. The Pyunik stadium looks more beautiful than the Kaunas Stadium in Lithuania.

Do they have Brazilians or other non European players playing for Pyunik clubs or other Armenia club? The Pyunik stadium is really a beauty!
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Pyunik had two Cameroonians lst year, one GK, Bete, who just got transfered to Bordeaux, and a forward, Lombe, who I think transfered to Paris St-Germain. I know that there is two other Africans (not sure from which country) Mamadu Diawara and Balep Ba N<bunduk who still play for Pyunik, and two other Cameroonians have arrived on trial, since Pyunik has also lost its best two attackers, one to Chisinau Zimbru in Moldova, and the other seems pretty close to signing with Ajax.

The Argentinian Jose Bilibio played for Pyunik a year ago, but I think he transfered to a Second division Spanish club.

Dinamo Zenit Yerevan has a few Australians, and there are a few Georgians, Iranians, Ukrainians and a very small number of Central Asians around the league, but the clubs are obviously very predominately Armenian.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Update: Mamadu Diawara is from Mali, Balep Ba Nbunduk (both from Pyunik) is from Cameroon.

FC Ararat has an African (not sure which country) Emanuel Ezukam, and two Brazilians, Renato Moares and Basden Uzuher.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Baron Dants,

Many thanks for the quality information. It shows that Armenia football is truly Global. I think club like Pyunik should be able to afford Internet facility? This could help to project their football so much. I was surprised when someone told me that Armenia is in the Middle East some call it Asia. But with the exodus like Edgar and Bete to Ajax and Bordeaux, respectively, the league will start generating interest from English Clubs.
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Here are a few pics...

Picture 1 (Hrabarag Fountain) is a picture of the National Art Gallery in Yerevan.

Picture 2 (Yerevan Aarat) is rather old, but shows the mighty Ararat looking over the city.

Picture 3 (Hrabarag Night) is a picture of the Government Building in Republic Square.

Picture 4 is a picture of one of the thousands of churches in Armenia.

And Picture 5 is a scene from the beautiful lake Sevan.

My pictures from other cities seem to be too big.... :(
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,980 Posts
Emirho said:
I think that's the way to define what a Europeen country is :)
BTW, any pictures of Armenia(cities etc) ?
you are right my friend.

Btw Vrouyr, good pics, sorry i havent been able to send you an email lately btw, coming up in a day or so i promise.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14,901 Posts
Baron Dants said:
Dinamo Zenit Yerevan has a few Australians, and there are a few Georgians, Iranians, Ukrainians and a very small number of Central Asians around the league, but the clubs are obviously very predominately Armenian.
Yes, Dinamo-Zenit has Australians - midfielder Mitchell James Francis and defender Taylor Jones Simpson.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,734 Posts
Baron Dants said:
Here are a few pics...

Picture 1 (Hrabarag Fountain) is a picture of the National Art Gallery in Yerevan.

Picture 2 (Yerevan Aarat) is rather old, but shows the mighty Ararat looking over the city.

Picture 3 (Hrabarag Night) is a picture of the Government Building in Republic Square.

Picture 4 is a picture of one of the thousands of churches in Armenia.

And Picture 5 is a scene from the beautiful lake Sevan.

My pictures from other cities seem to be too big.... :(
Thanks for the pictures:)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
So sad that Ararat is right there yet so far away. I think the Armenians here will understand what I say... Is it true about what lies on top?
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Yes...Right there, yet so far away.

As the poetess Silva Kaputikian said (in Armenian though :p): The rocks are in their hands, but Her spirit has always been with us. :)
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well, people have went up there (including an Armenian lady this year who put the Armenian flag on top of the mountain :D ), and haven't found anything..

The legend is still there though..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,074 Posts
Baron Dants said:
Well, people have went up there (including an Armenian lady this year who put the Armenian flag on top of the mountain :D ), and haven't found anything..

The legend is still there though..
I've heard that there is photographic evidence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,980 Posts
Latest i heard was watching a documentary on the TLC channel here in the US, an hour long documentary with no mention of Armenia except to say "Ararat is in Turkey, close to the borders of Iran Armenia and Azerbaijan." They have some satellite images which show shading in the shape of what looks like a hull, so they have sent out another one with very sophisticated cameras and hopefully in a year or so they will have the results.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,039 Posts
O Glorioso said:
So sad that Ararat is right there yet so far away. I think the Armenians here will understand what I say... Is it true about what lies on top?
Do you talk from Noé's Arch ?
 
1 - 20 of 66 Posts
Top