Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Honourable Mention, October 2011 Photo Contest
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to love his father, a maniac awesome dribbler with the size of a hobbit, a player that no one talks about and was as entertaining and great as Maradona and Brindisi in that Boca of 81...

Damian is a true son of him and I don't have the less idea if he will mature in an awesome player, or if even more mature he won't have more injuries that will stop his carreer...I dunno either if he will have some sort of stigma many Velez players have of bad timing in transfers...

but hell I would love to give him a chance in Boca...aside of the talk of Messis, Kunes, Apaches or even Palacios, Higuaines and Lavezzis...this kido is a hell of fun and complete player as they come...

I really want him in Boca to see if he gains more status and earn a place in the NT...there are lots of chances of him fading away, of loosing his north ina bad transfer, or bad luck with injuries (he already faced this fate in his short carreer) but his pure skills deserve better future than a Cangele, Manso or any of the sort had...

Let's help him with this thread jeje...me ecnanta como juega el morfon este, ojala temrine siendo un jugadorazo si bien todo indicaria que no...pero mierda con los indicios, un poco de fe y suerte pendejo!

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
was he injured this season? Didn't see him for a long time on the scoresheet untill this week...

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
Is he "Fangio's Pick of the Week"? ? ;)

I don't know anythign about him, but good luck to him.

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
was he injured this season? Didn't see him for a long time on the scoresheet untill this week...
He had a coupleof big blows in his carreer, being very young, that is why I've talked about his injuries

Is he "Fangio's Pick of the Week"? ?

I don't know anythign about him, but good luck to him.
Nah I allways like him, but I'm totally biased and irrational because I want badly to be like his father and play in Boca...

Escudero was part of the 2007 world youth cup winning team, where he was not that impressive.
I've watched some video clips of him and I'm really impressed.
Like Fangio says, hope he gets the right break. Personally, I have little confidence about Velez players making it big in Europe.
Man, you have an obssession with Europe!!...I want the kid in Boca to see if he can develope a tough head on par with his skills...Velez tries to never sell anyone to Boca or any other big club in Argentina, to not enforce them...but they end selling them badly...good in a financial aspect, but badly in a sporting aspect.

In a whole picture like I allways said, a player not from the huge clubs in Argentina or traditionaly seller clubs like Newells for instance, are really prone to make bad transfers, for this reason and many others is not that I'm pessimistic when comes to the Moralez of this land, but I know they all pretty much have their destiny sealed with not a future on par with their skill...sadly Escudero also is in this "club"...BUT I hope he falls in Boca and fullfill my expectations, just a desire, far from reality or a strong possibility..

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Anyone has a video of his brilliant dribbling past the other team's players at the 89th minute of the game against I forgot who?

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so el Pichi has videos in Youtube too? I'm the opnly person on earth that doesn't have one?

thanxs Pooh

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the video against Rosario, it was a beautiful solo effort.
casigolaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzoooooooooooooooooooo

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
that's crazy stuff! He seems to be very self-aware in his dribblings.

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
...and sellfish too but aside his dribbling what I like a lot of him is his strike, he can hit the ball greatly with both legs...but he is a bit of a nutcase, that is why I don't want him to get lost in some odd transfer and at least to become a consolidate squad player a la Maxi Rodriguez, the talent for that role he has it, the mind set?...mmmm..not that sure, this is the kid BTW that has the technique to hit that telepohne in the "celebrations" in the last YWC...

everytime I watched that video apart of thinking how stupid, or better childish he was, is that you need quite a technique to hit that hard that telephone and avoid breaking your leg in two against that table...

So far he is 50/50 in his chances of being the next Manso or the next Maxi Rodriguez, is up to him and up to some big club and coach that makes him settle and mature...is a very enjoyable player to watch that must work his attitude and consistency

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
He is much more skilled than Maxi Fangio.
I didn't meant in that sense, I meant it that at least I want him to be in the same "status" Maxi has obtained before he become another Cangele...BTW Maxi is also more skill than people think...

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
I think Escudero will become big, I hope so at least, then Argentina will have two great left wings in Escudero and Ansaldi.

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I think Escudero will become big, I hope so at least, then Argentina will have two great left wings in Escudero and Ansaldi.
Pooh, how many players are lost in the path? wasn't Mareque appealing aswell? or even a very good to great player like Arca got lost in the myst of the Islands? is Ferrari lately in his first days status?...

What I mean is this...

some players you need seconds to see the special specimen in them...and those are rare

and even them won't secured a carreer with more guns pointing at them, than roses...

Others can arguable have the same ammount of talent/skills/tools but lots of circumsntances around him (club, timing, etc) and from him (character, attitude, etc) MUST put the expectation lower...

remember Moralez? I'm Nostradamus or I was just guessing based on past experiences and actual events of that time? when I joked that two good games of Osvaldo in fiore due to his size, aspect and argie passport would make him be tempted or call by the Azurri youth squad in no time, and happened two days later..was playing the prediction game?...or is just watching...and remembering, tons of similar cases and situations...

Escudero is more than appealing? granted
so was Manso, Cangele and we can add Belluschi to this list?...

So I will simplify the Escudero situation:

- he had previous extra pitch issues
- the club he belongs doesn't help a bit (remember Velez sells horrible and the urgencies of young palyers and those arround them are worse) note: I respect anyway Velez policy of not transfer players to other argie clubs.
- in the pitch? he showboats too much or disappears quite a lot and with such great dribbling and even MORE with such styilish and powerfull strike on the ball, he SHOULD SCORE A LOT MORE...

Why I made a thread for him? because:

- first I like to fool around BUT mainly...
- I'm fond anyway of this sort of players, with some amateur approach to the game many times, reminds tons of squad great players once we have that surrounded the likes of giants like Bochini, Alonso, Maradona, etc...

Look at Datolo NOW under the wing of Roman, still not saint of my devotion after the really poor level he showed so far in Boca, but hell he improved a LOT later...

Escudero is a bbetter player than Datolo

The lack of transition, of real lockeroom in argie football is burning players one after the other and in the case of Escudero, I'm not blind to his talent, so I wish he can get some of these lockeroom to put on pair: his talent with his head, to at least obtain a regularity like Maxi Rodriguez has and had...

Argentina NEEDS badly these sort of players too and if Pichi even takes a next step level than Maxi? THANXS!! more than welcome...but let's at least expect sthg more possible that can be achieved is this kid is smart enough to smell the coffee and not some dubious five o clock tea affair, or a vodka trip, or any other transfer BASED almost purely and solely ON MONEY.

He is quite fast and dinamic when needed and technically he manages both legs, great strike, great control of the ball and like this squidzo times: not a real playmaker, neither an striker, nor a winger...certainly an offensive midfielder that in the right hands can be a very solid and entertaining wild card or even a very good sidekick for a real playmaker...and in the wrong ones a polivalent volante de ida y vuelta with 56960 taskes on hsi shoulders, that makes a lot of nothing and little of sthg...

Now in Boca there is a kid emerging without too much noise (till now, not much longer if he plays and has some great perfomances in semis of Libertadores) under the wing of Roman and Ischia; he is call Chavez, really skill fella with till now a very fresh and irresponsible in the good sense (and intelligent) approach to the game...great dosis of dinamic included in his game too...

he is doing really good, to the extent Roman hailed him as more technical than tevez, but smartly add...still nowhere near the crack Carlitos already is and happy if Chavez reaches 1/3 of Tevez stature...

He doesn't say it only to not let the kid lost his head, he said it because is true and is a clear message to the kid that he must double or more his effort and develope a very strong head if he wants to succeed big in football, just with his skills he won't get that far...

·
Registered
16,538 Posts
Is he signed for Valencia that Chavez guy, it was rumoured when Banega was signed that Chavez would come to Valencia after the season was finished.

·
18,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hope not, he is just starting

1 - 20 of 34 Posts