Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Serie A Preview: Piacenza - Fiorentina
Piacenza - Fiorentina | News Archive

Bianchi Blows The Whistle For Game Over?...(AP)
04/05/2002. With just five rounds left, Fiorentina will be relegated if they lose while Piacenza still have a fighting chance to secure their top-flight status for next season as they currently occupy the final relegation place with Brescia.

This week saw the Fiorentina crisis plumb new levels with skipper Angelo Di Livio admitting that even he has had enough of the Tuscan club's freefall and is considering calling it a day. Club president Ugo Poggi will probably announce his resignation this week with yet another shareholders' meeting scheduled to examine the mess.

At least striker Adriano will be assured of top-flight games next season as Inter president Moratti assured the fans that the talented Brazilian will definitely return to the San Siro. Last weekend, the Artemio Franchi was boycotted by Viola fans and this weekend, only a few will travel to the Leonardo Garilli stadium.

TEAM NEWS:

Piacenza:

Dario Hubner is back from suspension to lead the line but Paolo Poggi is missing so Vincenzo Sommese will replace the veteran. Matteo Guardalben and Nicola Boselli are also ruled out.

Novellino's Probable 4-4-2:

Orlandoni; Sacchetti, Cardone, Lamacchi, Tosto; Gautieri, Volpi, Matuzalem, Di Francesco; Sommese, Hubner

Bench: Nicoletti, Cristante, Lucarelli, Mora, Miceli, Patrascu, Amauri

Fiorentina:

Nuno Gomes is back from injury to join Adriano in attack but Domenico Morfeo, Paolo Vanoli and Marco Rossi are all ruled out by injury and join fellow sufferers Chiesa, Taddei, Franceschetti, Benin and Robbiati in the stands.

Bianchi's Probable 3-5-2:

Manninger; Torricelli, Adani, Pierini; Tarozzi, Baronio, Amaral, Amoroso, Di Livio; Nuno Gomes, Adriano

Bench: Taglialatela, Agostini, Cois, Moretti, Palombo, Gonzalez, Mijatovic

FORMGUIDES:

Piacenza Last 6: DLDWDL

Struggling form for a team that has been depending on draws to beat the drop. Just 6 points from a possible 24.

Fiorentina Last 6: LLDDWL

Hope is gone despite earning just a point less than Piacenza from their last 6. The defeat against Torino a fortnight ago sealed the Viola fate.

SA PREDICTION:

One last rallying cry for Fiorentina? Or will Piacenza pick at the bones?

Piacenza Win: 60%
Fiorentina Win: 25%
Draw: 15%

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
well, thanx carson for opening a post for the match(he is a inter fan) thats kind of u....well there is nothin much left now....juz hope for a better future from next year onwards...we r 11 points from safety....i wish we would get relegated, so that we can start all over again....but the main objective right now is to force the
fu(kin bastard VCG to sell the club....then only there is a hope for revival....but i think we will win this match with not much fuss....Well i knoe how much most of the viola fans hate pierini.....but he really played well at the match against inter...i think it will be a clean sheet for viola in this match.tq

2-0 gomes 1, amaral 1

·
Premium Member
22,583 Posts
there's not much to hope for except that VCG sells the club to someone who actually cares about it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I don't think the problem is that he doesn't care about the club, just that he has absolutely no resources to do anything for it. And he's living in some dream world where he thinks he'll be able to put something together that will make it all right again. He wants to be the hero that is praised for Fiorentina's resurection, but doesn't have anything to make that happen. Sad really. He seems to be in complete denial. Too bad he didn't sell the club around mid-winter when we were getting a lot of offers. The first couple of offers I thought were bad, but towards the end we started to get some really good ones, with a decent price for the club and additional money to be injected into improving the squad. Its a shame he didn't take that one up.

I hate that every post I make on this board seems to be so pessimistic, but I just don't see anything to be optimistic about. There is no plan or resource available to make things better, and would not be surprised if we continue to go down in B next season.

chris...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts