Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys as u all knows we have been rumourd to get him... i havent seen this guy play so could u guys tell me a little about him... all i know is that hes a very talented defender... could he maybe become one of the greatest defenders:D , does he got that much potential, is he anywhere near Chivus class

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Mexes is a very talented young defender whom should be a full starter for France within soon. He has the potential to become a new Nesta, Blanc type of defender, that is unbeatable on the ground yet with great technics and reading the game. I just hope Philou is smart and choses wisely his move to a big team and doesn't commit the professional suicide that some medias are suggesting him to commit...:eek:

FAIS PAS LE CON PHILOU!!!!:fero:
GACHES PAS TA CARIERRE AVEC CES ABRUTIS!!!!:eek:

ALLEZ PHILOU!!!:star::cool:

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
San Siro said:
Mexes is a very talented young defender whom should be a full starter for France within soon. He has the potential to become a new Nesta, Blanc type of defender, that is unbeatable on the ground yet with great technics and reading the game. I just hope Philou is smart and choses wisely his move to a big team and doesn't commit the professional suicide that some medias are suggesting him to commit...:eek:

FAIS PAS LE CON PHILOU!!!!:fero:
GACHES PAS TA CARIERRE AVEC CES ABRUTIS!!!!:eek:

ALLEZ PHILOU!!!:star::cool:

Cheers.;)
I guess u meant that Mexes shudn't join Inter. isn't it ? :D

But it seems that Stam will join ur club, so have fun with him....

;)

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yeah stam is a difficult case, still i say there's 50 % chance he joins inter, also 50% milan...

no way he stay at lazio, they need fund desperately, and stam only wants to go to the city of milan :)

anyhow, to comment on mexes: i havent seen him play also, BUT i don't think we should buy him...

1) he will be expensive, seen there are lots of others who want him too

2) he's a central defender, we have canna & matrix .... so IF we do buy him, canna will probably be gone,
AND I DONT WANT OUR AZZURRI CAPTAIN GONE !!!!

·
Registered
831 Posts
If Mexes is to come then he would compete with Materazzi not Cannavaro.

Cordoba-Mexes-Cannavaro

Or if we go back to 4 Def

JZ-Cannavaro-Mexes-Cordoba

i prefer the latter as Inter had a very very solid Defence in the begining of the year using a 4 def with Cordoba on the left, any way there always is the option of putting Coco on the left when he is fit :rolleyes: and picking one of Cordoba or Cannavaro for the center with Mexes.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Cordoba was okay on the left but it is not his best position. Cannavaro, despite being Italy's Captain is shit. He has been close to ineffective since arriving at Inter and shoould be sold at the end of the season. Rather than offloading him to a competitor Serie A club, Inter should sell him to a foreign team. Chelsea and Real Madrid would probably be interested.

As for matrix, he will be back better than ever after he serves his suspension.

·
Registered
13,621 Posts
If hes FRENCh , hes gold ....... i hop u buy him , i saw him at the confederation cup , u could see that he would become a terrific player:happy:

·
Registered
831 Posts
I know Cordoba prefers playing in the center, but when he played on the left he more or less erased the threat coming from the left .. Cordoba is a great defender, but he plays more as an individual then as a team player, thats why i he could do a good job on the left. As for Cannavaro well i would'nt sell him unless Chelsea come in with a to good to refuse offer, other than that he is a talented Italian defender with a hard workers mentality. Therfore, i would'nt want Inter to just try and offload him. Materazzi is good defender thats why if Mexes (or any other defender) is to arrive then he would compete not step into the starting line-up.

The way i would do things is i would get a young defeder (Ferrari Or Mexes would be great) to replace Gamara who's contract runs out at the end off the season. However, that does'nt mean i am buying a replacement to one of Materazzi, Cannavaro, Cordoba ... these three should be kept as the core of the defence for the years to come, as they are all good defenders + i believe there has to be some continuity. btw ... when i say the core of the defence i don't just mean as starters, also as subs like every club you have to have some experienced long timers at the club to step up when the new boys are not doing there job (eg. Ferrara at Juve & Costacurta at Milan)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if there is someone who should leave Inter its Canna and not Materazzi... Canna has failed bigtime at Inter and should go, then we should replace him with Mexes.... and i also hope that Inter should get back Potenza and Franchini who are 2 very talented defenders into the senior squad

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Cannavaro may be a good old fashioned Italian defender but he is hardly hard working and the fact of the matter is that his lapses have cost Inter dearly. In his first season he was playing with a long standing injury and was often caught wrong footed or out of position. This season when he is back to full fitness, he cost the team valuable points against Sampdoria and has failed to make his presence felt or make an impact. How many more times is Inter going to suffer as a result of poor Cannavaro marking? To be the National Team Captain of one of he greatest footballing nations is an honour but when he has played for Inter, he has simply been a passenger. Inter should sell him to an overseas club.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
cannavaro has struggled since joining inter. cuper stuffed him around at the start playing him right back and so on and i suppose he just got off to a bad start at inter and its stuck now.

but so many players seem to struggle when joining inter, i just dont understand why...must be something in the drink bottles or something;)

anyway, Mexes is a great young talent. i rate him as highly as Chivu. i personally dont like Matrix, i think he is unpredictable. you can get a great game out of him or he could get sent off for doing a fly kick at someone. Mexes is better in my opinion.

anyway, i'm hoping juve sign mexes, but it looks slim now considering inter are being heavily linked to him.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
cannavaro has struggled since joining inter. cuper stuffed him around at the start playing him right back and so on and i suppose he just got off to a bad start at inter and its stuck now.

Bullshit! his last season with Parma was awful and he only played like 3 games at RB, something people fail to mention is that the dream 3 back defendse of canna matrix and cafe has never been out of this world. Solid? yea, but nothing outstanding like many people thought it would.

Just because Cannavaro is Italy´s captain (Italia made the wrong choice obviously) doesnt mean he plays good.

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
his last season wasnt aweful at parma. he was struggling at a club which had lossed thuram and buffon in defence and never recovered from it. cannavaro is great but couldnt be super man without any help.

Cannavaro has been one of the best this past decade. He just made the mistake of joining Inter. Inter didnt need a Cannavaro, they needed a Nesta type defender. Cordoba and Cannavaro was never going to be a good central pairing imo.

it has nothing to do with him being italy's captain either, he has always performed well for his national team. have some respect!

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
CUG said:

Cannavaro has been one of the best this past decade. He just made the mistake of joining Inter. Inter didnt need a Cannavaro, they needed a Nesta type defender. Cordoba and Cannavaro was never going to be a good central pairing imo.

it has nothing to do with him being italy's captain either, he has always performed well for his national team. have some respect!
Agree with CUG on that. ;)

Seems that Cannavaro always does well with his national team. But the other reason is also coz of Nesta, may be and not to forget that the Italian back 4 is all but good which is sadly not the case in Inter.

Inter should never had bought Cannavaro, never. Remember we had Cuper as our coach and he plays 4-4-2 ! So, why in the hell did we go for Cannavaro ?? We already had Cordoba. Nesta would had been great, or we should have gone for other defenders, even Stam.

And now talking about Mexes, we should definitely get him. We can't lose yet another defender after losing Nesta, Chivu in two successive years.
Instead I say, get both Mexes and Vidic. That would be great.

;)

and this is how I want Inter to play next season :

Italy (4-2-3-1) - Buffon; Panucci, Legrottaglie, Nesta, Zambrotta; C.Zanetti, Pirlo; Fiore, Totti, Del Piero; Vieri.

That's the Italian 4-2-3-1. Call it 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 or whatever, but play with back 4.

And for that we will need a defender like Mexes/Metzelder/Stam; a defender to partner Cordoba.
I don't know what we should do with Cannavaro. :confused:

We just can't bench players like Emre, Stankovic, V.meyde (?) all the time.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
jack off, normally i always agree with you,

but saying italia made wrong choice taking fabio as captain :rolleyes: you must be outta your mind,

i guess you missed the world cup or so, where he was called best azzurri player ;)

btw i NEVER catched him underperforming for the national team,

so yeah show some respect!

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
31,893 Posts
Canna seems to be able to play very well along side a big sweeper. The Canna-Cordoba combo didint work. Now the only thing is about the 3-men defense. The NT back 4 and Cuper's back 4 are another thing.

Zac's 3-men back is bit wierd. often these central defenders got to move very wide (not the centre one, of course). So not sure if the system is affecting Canna's play or its Canna himself.

He sure is a smashing player. Mexes in 3 men defense.. can play anywhere inside there. Samuel of Roma, played in central as well as in left-centre .. that was seen in Argentina (while ayala takes centre)

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Inter ponder Mexes swoop Tuesday 17 February, 2004

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Philippe Mexes may follow in the footsteps of his idol Laurent Blanc by wearing the Inter No 5 shirt.

The 22-year-old is one of the most highly rated defenders in Europe and the Nerazzurri are keen on his services.

Mexes, who has also been linked with Roma and Manchester United in the past, may finally join a big club this summer.

It’s believed that Auxerre may consider his sale if they receive a bid of around £4m for the French international. Inter are ready to offer him a five-year contract.

Inter are expected to sign at least one defender for the new term after also being continually linked with Jaap Stam of Lazio.

Meanwhile, there are a few whispers that Inter may sell Fabio Cannavaro after a difficult spell with the club.

The Italian international, tied to Inter until 2006, has never really played at his consistent best since moving from Parma and a split may be on the cards.

Roma are keen on adding him to their defensive line-up after they failed to sign him three-years ago.

Chelsea and Manchester United are also set to bid for Cannavaro if he is made available by his club.

channel4

1 - 20 of 46 Posts