Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Rumour has it that this guy is replacing Cathro and becoming our assistant manager due to his connections with uncle Lim, a proud day for the Valencianismo, thoughts?

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
God someone with half a football brain needs to take control of this club before it's too late. Ridiculous

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
9,377 Posts
The former Manchester United and Everton player has previously occupied the assistant role at Old Trafford, under both David Moyes and interim replacement Ryan Giggs.

Neville offers a wealth of footballing knowledge to a club in constant growth. Speaking about the new addition to his coaching staff, Nuno said: “Phil Neville has great experience at the top level of competition, but above all he has knowledge and values that fit perfectly with our team and our club. He has always been a team player, and our philosophy is based on teamwork. We are –and want to continue to be- a group. I am convinced that he is going to help us a lot.”

makes sense no? tbh i know very little about the neville brothers.

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Phil Neville is a trending topic in the UK now :D

·
Registered
14,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
¡Ché we can!
5,283 Posts
Gosh yeah what a terrible appointment... I mean why the heck would we go for a sensible, intelligent former pro with stacks of experience?

A bit out of leftfield yes, but a bit needlessly cynical so far also maybe?

Now announcing it before it's official? That is fcuking stupid and the amateur sort of thing I'd have expected from the club a couple of years ago.

·
Qfwfg
575 Posts
I just love how ambitious Valencia have become. This summer can't get any worse now can it ?
The guy has been a model professional in his career and played at the highest level. If footballing talent made managers Maradona wouldn't have sucked goat balls. Assistant manager, his job is to sit there and nod to whatever Nuno says. Other than the random wtfness of it, utterly nowt wrong with it.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts