Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard this guy is starting to improve..............how is he coming along in Portugal? Is he a superstar, a nobody or something in between?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing i want to know is how the hell he ended up in Portugal. If he's playing well Mick Mc Carthy should play him for Ireland.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
He hadn't played much for us last season but now he's starting to play more and he's been solid as far as I've seen! Even the few times he played last season he was solid!

-If I had to grade him I'd have to give him an incomplete for his performances this year but I do like what I see!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Phil Babb's recent performances

I'd just like to know if you guys think Phil Babb should be on the Irish soccer team for the trip out to Iran or the UAE. Anyone know how I'd get tickets for the away game. I'm really lookin' forward to the game

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Babb has begun to play regularly and, in my opinion, has done well. With all the injuries Ireland had at center back, I was actually surprised he didn't get called in for the Cyprus. However, if Dunne, Breen, et al. are still hurt, then I would expect to see him in the squad for the playoff.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Babb is a really really great player. My mate Carlos likes his style and is working on a web page dedicated to the one and only Phil Babb. I'd like to see Babb and Cunningham together in the central defence for the world cup next year. I think Ireland could get to the last 4 with those two. Look at Sweden and Croatia in the past years. I fancy a last 4 of France, Portugal, Argentina and Ireland

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Why not go all out and visualise Babb scoring a hat-trick in the final :rolleyes:

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just think Phil hasn't had the best of luck in the past few years. I think if he had a better chance with Liverpool he could have been playing in Spain or Italy. Nothing wrong with Portugal, it's a great League...........but ye know Spain and Italy,,,,,well ye know. Carlos thinks his site will be popular. He's gonna do Phil's life, from his childhood days in London to his brilliant performance in USA 94 and now his strides in Portugal. I'll give the address when it's up

C

·
0 Posts
Hey headbutt, the site is comming along nicely but it's more research work that I'm doing at the moment than actual computer stuff. Hopefully I'll find what I'm looking for soon and get it up on the web not long after. Watch out for it everyone.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Philius Babbius

I've been reading back-issues of The Daily Sport, and I came across an article saying Phil Babb has Greek grandparents....maybe he's a decendant of Zeus!!!! He chose Ireland because they have a better international record than Greece

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Babb - An underrated superstar

I think Phil could have been superstar...........only for things didn't go for him. He was the best Irish player in USA 94, I hope after 2002 WC a big Italian team scoops him up.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Actually, he is not even the best Irishman in Portugal!!! Believe it or not, there are a couple of players, with Irish passports, playing in the 2nd division: Seamus Caralho and Patrick Fodos play for F.C. Merda in the south section of Division 2B. Both players have Irish mothers and Portuguese fathers. They are set to move to a 1st division club during the December transfer window and should get a call up from Mick a short time after that.

Remember their names, Headbutt: Caralho and Fodos!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Babb hints move to La Liga

Phil Babb hinted last week that he may move to a spanish club, to try to regain his (rightful) place in the irish team. ................................

Phil should be captain, never mind just getting on the team. C'mon Mc Carthy pick Babb, and you'll do well in the world cup!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A Forgotten Star

I know Babb is one of the main stars in the current Sporting side, but back home to Irish fans he has been forgotten. I think this is sad as Phil is a really great player. If he got his chance in the EPL, where it seems Mick Mc Carthy only picks his players from, he'd be back in the side. I hope he gets his chance to play in 2002 WC.

.......................Given...............................

Carr......Babb.........Cunningham.....Harte

Mc Ateer....Keane...........Kinsella......Duff

..........Morrison..........Keane...................

They may as well just hand Ireland the World Cup if Mc Carthy plays that team!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts