Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone explain to me why Phil Babb isin't in the Irish squad???

It's a bloody joke to see Dunne and Breen going to Japan and Babb staying at home. I mean Sporting are after winning the Portuguesse league(I think), and he's a regular for them.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I think Babb is a great deffender and should be back on the Irish squad, I'd start him too. Portugal is a tough place to be a deffender and he does a great job of it. There was some incident but I'm not sure what it was maybe one of the other lads can enlighten us.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know there was some incident, but Mark Kennedy was involved in it too and he's going to Japan/Korea

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah I don't care about the incident as far as Babb being used is concerned but I am curious as to exactly what happened.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Yeah, what did happen???

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well bascially the two boys went out on the piss and got in trouble. Big **** didn't like it.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
they decided to do a "Starsky n Hutch" on a car parked near Slapper Face Jacks at about 4am. Only problem was the car belonged to a Bean Gárda (thats female cop to the unwashed) who was looking out the window at them from inside the Gárda Puzzle Palace (Harcourt St station). Big mistake (1. a cop 2 a female cop!). She went out and nicked them. Did'nt do them any favours when it emerged she outsprinted them to nab them (obvious lack of pace etc) and put them in the cells for the night (and court hearing next morning).

As this was only 4 days before the Amsterdam game it was goedenavand jongens. Of course Kennedy is ****'s favourite toe rag so he gets back in the squad easy enough whereas Babb is written out of recent Irish history.

There was an article in the paper about him yesterday I'll see if I can dig it out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Yeah thanks. Wow wild story. Maybe the female cop should have been called for the NT :tongue:

·
Registered
547 Posts
Aye - I saw that article too... Says he is the one who is in debt to **** rather than the other way around...

Think it was in the Sunday Tribune.

Anyway, I think Kennedy apologised over the incident whereas Babb was a bit of a prick over it... That's why he got the ole heave ho.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts