Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sorry I mean leaves by "mutual consent" ;)

Lengthy discussions took place between Grant and the board following the club's 1-0 loss at QPR on Monday.

"It was a very difficult decision for us to make but it was right for myself and the football club going forward," Grant told Norwich City's website.

"The most important things for me have always been the supporters and the club itself. They are the two constants while managers and players come and go.

"Unfortunately for me, I feel that the balls haven't bounced the right way for me over the last 12 months.

"I have had fantastic support from the board from minute one right up until the time of leaving, but we are in a results-driven business and I don't like being second best at anything.

"I would like to thank everyone for the support they have given me and I wish nothing but success for Norwich City now and forever."

After a grand total of 1 whole year in charge for PG, its now up to assistant Jim Duffy to run things while a permanent replacement is found.

Its a great shame that things haven't worked out for Grant as some of his summer signings looking good aquisitions on paper. But neither Cureton nor Strihavka have scored enough goals, be it due to injury/illness/lack of form at various times.
Brellier was potentially the missing link in midfield but has been lacking in fitness too.
Huckerby missing the start of the season also didn't help (not that he has had many good games since his return to the side :( )

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Was obviously coming.

John Gregory and Peter Taylor are available ;)

·
0-1, Huth.
6,070 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Was obviously coming.

John Gregory and Peter Taylor are available ;)
I wouldn't wish Peter Taylor on anybody. Not even you lot. :)

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
what's Mike Walker up to these days?

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
After another defeat at Burnley tonight we need to get a new manager in quick!!!

I'd be quite happy with Paul Jewell actually! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Ipswich need to work out how to win a game on the road, before they get any ideas of promotion.

·
Registered
9,043 Posts
jimbo jones said:
Ipswich need to work out how to win a game on the road, before they get any ideas of promotion.
I agree to an extent... we've won all at home but drawn 3 and lost 3 away.

The 3 we lost we deserved to lose but all 3 we drew, we should have won one, were robbed of 2 points with a ridiculous diving late late penalty at Plymouth, and had THREE goals disallowed for offside away at Burnley, two of which replays showed were onside.

But i agree, if you get a new manager in that knows what he's doing, you definitly have the quality to sort your season out, but no-where inside the topten i feel.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
positive focus said:
After another defeat at Burnley tonight we need to get a new manager in quick!!!

I'd be quite happy with Paul Jewell actually! :thumbsup:
Couldn't agree more on both counts!
Yesterday's defeat at West Brom was obviously no great surprise, but it does now leave us bottom :eekani:
Not sure if Jewell would want the job :depress:
Heard Pulis mentioned too - but I seriously hope thats just a rumour :dazed:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts