Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
KARL HEINZ PFLIPSEN is set to get his Greek career underway, after two knee operations and almost eight months on the sidelines saw him end his first year with Panathinaikos in despair.

It was certainly a season to forget for Pflipsen and he will be looking to put it behind him when he rejoins his teammates on Wednesday, having completed solo weight training exercises designed to strengthen his knee.

Now he is ready to participate in contact football, although he has been with the team in Croatia as Panathinaikos look to push on with their preparation for the new season.

Pflipsen injured his knee 23 minutes into his team's Uefa Cup match with Deportivo La Coruna, he first had surgery just before Christmas last year but began to experience pain again and had to have a second operation, against his wishes, by the club doctor.

In an interview with an Athens radio station, Pflipsen said: "I have not yet trained with the rest of the team. I follow a personalised training program and I will be ready for the third round second leg Champions League match.

"We have to be ready on August 8 to face our Champions League opponents. Until that time we have to work together to become a 'whole'. I don't care who our opponent is going to be although I believe that Dynamo will advance.

"It is up to us if we want to advance to the next round."

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
The feeling in Panathinaikos is that both Pflipsen and Paulo Sousa will be ready for the games against Warsow or Dynamo.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts