Dean Whitehead - Sunderland
Diomansy Kamara - West Brom

Michael Chopra - Cardiff
Gary McSheffrey - Birmingham

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
er Jamie Cureton, how has McSheffrey got in as one of the forwards when he's played on the left wing nearly all season?

Good too see 1 Derby player in there, thought Bywater could have been in the running for the Keepers position.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Quite surprised West Brom have 3 players, they've hardly had a great season have they, hugely under achieved, think it's a shocker that Cureton's not there as well, he's been immense.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Chopra still misses far too many chances for me. Cureton has helped Iwelumo look quite good, no mean feat

Havent seen much of Bywater but Murray has been great everytime I've seen Wolves

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Can't say I'd have Alexander in there, but they're used to picking him because he scores goals.

And I wouldn't have Nugent in there either, in case people wondered.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jibril said:
Darren Moore? Hasnt Dean Leacock been better than Moore?
Hmmmm tough call to be honest, though I think playing alongside Moore has been a massive help for Leacock, I think most Derby fans would give the nod too Moore in choosing defender of the season, just for his presence and leadership in the backline, if only he could pass the ball :howler:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jibril said:
The times I have watched Derby, Leacock always sort of stood out for me rather than Moore. I know you said before that he's lost couple of pounds, but to me he still looks painfully slow :pp He probably makes that up with leadership and defence organizational though.

Lecock -> McAuley -> Kisnorbo ----> Moore :pp
I think moore got the votes through fear :howler:

He cab still look painfully slow at times, and if the ball lands at his feet and he takes a touch, i get genuinely scared, I think the tank has been running on empty the last month or so as well, as he's started looking very dodgy again, so it's possibly not a bad thing he's got suspended, as Nyatanga looks much improved after his loan spells.

It also depends on who your playing up front, Hume and Fryatt will give him major problems, play Geoff Horsfield and he won't give him a sniff.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Jibril said:
Geoff Horsefield? I'd choose Elvis Hammond above Horsefield, and believe you me, that says ALOT.
:howler:

That was just an example of the type of forward that a lot of Championship clubs like to play.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh yeah he'll be no good in the Premiership, we'd need to sign at least 1 new centre back too go with Leacock and Nyatanga, I'd still keep Moore as emergency cover rather than Michael Johnson.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts