Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=271688

link^^^^^^

Once again, why is Tom Huddlestone in there, you'd struggle to find a Derby fan anywhere, who would say Huddlestone deserves to be in the Derby team, yet some clowns think he's with the best in the division.

Idiakez deserves his spot though, great 1 st season for him.

Tommy Smith is unlucky not to be in there, he's very under rated.

Rasiak should be in there imo, he's far better than Roberts will ever be.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm back to rant on Huddlestone ;)

Just too show how stupid the voting for this is, Huddlestone gets in this team, yet doesn't even figure in the top 5 for derby's player of the year, behind Idiakez, Camp, Smith, Kenna, Rasiak and Bisgaard...who knows how far back he was after that.

He couldn't even get the young player of the year, Lee Camp deservedly took that, that team was voted on nothing but how much attention a player has got nationaly, and is nothing too do with who were actually the best platers in the league.

Though of course some of those players do deserve there places.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Wasn't he supposed to be another one off to Spurs in the summer?

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Balis-of-Steel said:
Wasn't he supposed to be another one off to Spurs in the summer?
Huddlestone? He's already signed for Spurs, they can have him now as well, I'll pay for the train ticket.

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Chief said:
i thought huddlestone was a star in the making - are you derby fans disagreeing???

whenever ive seen him for the U21's he's been very good
Yeah, he's been good for the U21's, for Derby he has been poor. Also for the U21's he was playing midfield (i think) he's played mainly in defence in the 2nd half of the season for us, and is useless there.

Despite being a huge, he's like a pansy, doesn't like to head the ball and gets pushed off the ball too easily.

People rave about him because he can pass the ball really well, and is very calm on the ball, but in defence that has caused errors and cost the team goals.

But he's still a young lad, and could go on too be a great player, but if he sits in the reserves at Spurs that won't happen.

·
Registered
69,521 Posts
he is playing poorly of late but I still think it was a mistake to sell him especially at such a low price, I think he will be a good player in the future.

Rasiak and Idiakez should definetly be on the team but oh well :groan:

·
Premium Member
22,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HajdukSplit said:
he is playing poorly of late but I still think it was a mistake to sell him especially at such a low price, I think he will be a good player in the future.

Rasiak and Idiakez should definetly be on the team but oh well :groan:
Just because of the reputation he is getting, we could of held out for more cash.

Also if he doesn't get into the Spurs 1st team, which will be hard, it will be no good for his career, I can see him on loan somewhere next season, if we don't get promoted, he may even be back with us for another season.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts