Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's fat, he's round, he is worth million pounds.

In these times, it's nice to see that there are still some footballers who are a bit different, who don't fit the most common profiles. Players who have personality and uniqueness.

One of them is Petteri Forsell:
Since corona break, Korona's Petteri Forsell has 3 free kick goals. And this is nothing new. All over his career he has scored wonder goals from far, yet he had hard time breaking through outside Finland, because his weaknesses are as clear as his strenghts. First try in Bursaspor was a bust, but in Poland and Miedź Legnica he finally made it, starting from the second tier. Tearing it down there, he was reported to have made deal with Cracovia of the Extraklasa, only to then find out that their new manager didn't want him there after all - he thought Petteri was too fat. This was nothing new over his career, he has even chosen a name Pullukka10 for his social media handles. Pullukka means fatso or chubby.

Back to the Legnica and winning promotion. His first season in Extraklasa was a success: 13 goals, mostly as a striker or rather a false nine. His ideal position is attacking midfielder, but he is sort of a dying breed: a classical playmaker. Yet, the offers didn't fly in and he didn't want to stay in Legnica, who was relegated back to division 1. So even after that great season, Forsell found himself back in Finland, on loan to HJK Helsinki for the latter half of season, and the team flopped big time, failing to reach European matches.

But now, back in Extraklasa, and sadly near another relegation. I hope he finds a new team in a decent league, because he deserves it. This would also help him make the Finnish squad to Euro 2020. I really hope to see this cult player there. During Finland's successful Euro qualification, Forsell was often named to the team, but only played in one match: 63 minutes in a win against Bosnia. Finland manager hasn't found a place for this curious "artist" in his well-organized system. But "Pullukka" has some extra factor that no one else on that team has. What if Finland needs a point against Belgium, they are 1-0 down and get one last chance, a free-kick from 30 m...

...Who you gonna call?

·
Registered
15,562 Posts
His technique is clearly excellent. As Andy says, his long range shooting is great. I watched a couple of YouTube videos and you can also tell his technique from some of his passing and touches. So what does he lack? Is his weakness simply fitness, lack of professionalism?

Perhaps a mid-table club* in a league with a higher profile than Extraklasa could try him as a super-sub option. I wouldn't mind him at Milan*. 93rd minute standing over a freekick, telling Zlatan to step aside, this one is mine Ibra.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts