Xtratime Community banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
actually, his teammates loves him, they don't have the same feelings toward valbuena.
From wikipedia:

On 4 November 2015, Benzema was arrested by French police for his alleged part in blackmailing fellow France international player Mathieu Valbuena.[290] During the investigation over the blackmail plot, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls stated, "A great athlete should be exemplary. If he is not, he has no place in the France team. There are so many kids, so many youngsters in our suburbs that relate to great athletes. They wear the blue jersey, the colours of France, which are so important in these moments."[291][292]

Who cares if a bunch of idiots side with a guy who blackmailed the other?

·
Registered
55,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
From wikipedia:

On 4 November 2015, Benzema was arrested by French police for his alleged part in blackmailing fellow France international player Mathieu Valbuena.[290] During the investigation over the blackmail plot, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls stated, "A great athlete should be exemplary. If he is not, he has no place in the France team. There are so many kids, so many youngsters in our suburbs that relate to great athletes. They wear the blue jersey, the colours of France, which are so important in these moments."[291][292]

Who cares if a bunch of idiots side with a guy who blackmailed the other?
it was in 2015, since like razhel pointed out, benzema has been cleared by court.

i'm always stunned when politics talk about exemplarity, it's like hospital moke charity.

·
1st Tier Poster
47,946 Posts
it's not about being cleared in court...what he did didn't merit criminal punishment but he clearly sided with his blackmailer friend and not his teammate in those leaked phone call transcripts. Let's be honest this whole case was completely insane and he has only himself to blame if he never plays for France again.

·
Registered
43,218 Posts
Mali, I really wonder what you would say about Benzema's culpability if he was a shit footballer. Seriously intrigued.

·
Registered
16,828 Posts
mali, if you relied on the courts to identify all wrongdoing in this world you would live quite blindly

OJ simpson like Andy brought up is a nice sports example, but the list does not end there of course

in a sense, the players who wear the NT jersey do represent the country and therefore its values. they are not paid to play in the WC, their only condition to not offend those very basic things which benzema clearly failed to do quite drastically, whether he was criminalized or not

·
Registered
55,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Mali, I really wonder what you would say about Benzema's culpability if he was a shit footballer. Seriously intrigued.
we are talking about football for god sake !
if i was a coach, i would look at the performing and the behaviour on the field. benzema is a clean player and respected by his teammates. to me, the ultimate fault he commited, was lose his nerves toward deschamps. he has condamned himself here.
what a shame, what a waste.

when cantona haven't been called by jacquet, i remember that i have been also frustrated. but i admited that a stronghead like cantona would have been dommageable for the team.

i repeat, i don't think that benzema would be dommageable for team.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts