Xtratime Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
NULLA E' IMPOSSIBILE
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before leaving for a well-deserved break after a successful Euro 2000, Arsenal star Emmanuel Petit spoke to eurofootball.com and confirmed that he will be staying at Arsenal.

He said: “I still don’t understand why the press said that I want to leave Arsenal. I never said such a thing - you should never believe what the press write.

“I am glad that the club signed Robert Pirès. He is a good player and a nice guy. Arsenal have signed some Brazilians as well, which can’t be bad. It will allow the players to have a bit of rest, especially with the enormous amount of matches waiting for us.

“But just because Arsenal signed a player who plays in the same role as me doesn’t mean I will leave the club. I’m staying at Arsenal.”

And it will be a honeymoon rather than a holiday for “Mighty Manu” who is getting married to girlfriend Agathe de la Fontaine at a secret location in Paris this afternoon

D

·
0 Posts
Petit might remain with Arsenal, not necessarily because he wants too. Barcelona made an offer for him, and Arsenal were about to accept, but then Barca lowered it to 7m pounds, and Arsenal refused to accept. :( :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts