Xtratime Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was a little shocked to here of PT's resignation just two weeks after getting the seagulls in to Div 1. He was unhappy with the training facilities there and therefore decided to pack his bags.

I would guess there are quite a few Gulls fans that would be rather unhappy about this. Surely he knew of the facilities when he joined and was fortunate that someone gave him a job(even though he wouldn't of found it hard) but if he's not careful, he'll end up like a Steve Bruce, who decides to pack up once a door opens infront of him.

I think there will be a mixed reaction to his resignation and hope Brighton will do well in Div 1.

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
He met with our Chairman, Knight, after the celebration parade on Saturday and by all accounts was unhappy at the thought of having to wait a possible 3 years for a new stadium (Anyone who's seen the Withdean will know why). Also as stated, training facilities. I'm not sure if transfer funds were a factor. The Council planning comittee won't consider the stadium proposal for Falmer until June.

To be honest this came completely out of the blue. I'm shocked and disappointed by this, but it's no worse then when Adams legged it. We'll survive without him. Thanks for the 6 months with us, best of luck to the future.

·
Registered
4,044 Posts
As I live on the South Coast there is a lot of Brighton coverage on the news at the moment. To seriously help some of their problems they should just sell Zamora and rake in the millions!
No player is indespensible, not even Bobby Z, destined for greatness. The club is just holding him back, he deserves to be in the Premiership now!:devil:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
Well I'm very surprised I never thought he'd quit, I think hes a good manager. But With all Brightons troubles they still have a good team.

·
International
9,526 Posts
one of the best chants I heard was from a Brighton match...

'when the ball hits the goal, its not shearer or cole
its Zamora....its Zamora

he's the best in the land, only cost 100 grand,
its Zamora, its Zamora'

·
Registered
263 Posts
Fred,answer this question if you don't mind.Seeing as Fergie is now gonna stay on @ MU,and a lack of a coach having hindered your campaign,do you think it could just be he's spoken to AF?

Normally i don't comment on MU matters,and you know me well enough to know i'm not taking the pi$$ here.After all,Taylor has shown with England,Gillingham & Brighton that he's a good coach - but perhaps not a top-flight manager.And as mentioned above,this has come somewhat out of the blue.In all seriousness,what do you think?:)

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
We've got that chant for Scott Dobie.

When the ball hits the goal
Its not Shearer or Cole
Its Scott Dobie, its Scott Dobie

This was start of the season when he scored 10 goals in 14 games.

Went on a barren run of 16 games without scoring :eek:

But congrats to young Scott, a steal from Carlisle for £150K, for his inclusion in Scotlands friendly game. They were also trying to get "Russell Hoult Hoult Hoult, Russell Hoult Hoult Hoult. Houlty Houlty Houlty Houlty" as their keeper. I never realised he had any Scottish connections, maybe he didn't either!

When I was playing CM, RH went on to play for England when WBA won the Prem league under my astute leadership :D

·
Star Player
4,328 Posts
A couple of names I heard that are interested in the Brighton job are ex-Wimbledon boss, Terry Burton and former Portsmouth Manager Graham Rix.......my God, what a choice..:(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts