Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peter Lovenkrands is determined to get a starting place at Rangers, despite comments from Aberdeen manager Ebbe Skovdahl suggesting that it will take a year for him to crack into line-up.

Peter said: "Ebbe may say what he wants, but it's not true. It looks to me that I am on the same level as the other strikers.

"At least, nobody is as fast as me. My speed is my best strength."

Brian Laudrup had four brilliant seasons at Rangers, but Lovenkrands wants to prove his own pedigree and is tired of the comparisons.

Peter said: " 'Brian didn't do that, Brian did that' are comments I often hear. But I am myself, I want to show how I play."

Peter's brother, Tommy Lovenkrands, also made the move to Scotland after joined St. Johnstone from AB at the end of last season.

Peter said: "We talk with each other every day. Every day we are free, we meet. It would have been empty without him."

Tommy might find it easier to get a first-team place at McDiarmid Park, being a smaller club.

The Saints man can play on the wing as well as upfront, and could be on the other side when they play Peter's Rangers in their first league clash on July 29.

Tommy said: "There are good chances that I will get a place, though it appears people will expect me to score goals.

"I will score if I get the opportunity, but otherwise I will provide the crosses for the strikers in the middle."

1 - 1 of 1 Posts