Xtratime Community banner

61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
30,401 Posts
I'm moderately intrigued, but it doesn't seem like a movie that will get a non-festival release or indeed a bluray/streaming release, but you never know.

Btw Harold Pinter defended both Milosevic and Castro, so there's common ground for Handke and Garcia Marquez.

·
Registered
30,401 Posts
I saw Jojo Rabbit, and I'm sorry to report I think it's trash. Faux Wes Anderson and generally all-over-the-place (horror, comedy, earnest drama). Waititi goofin it up as Hitler didn't do anything for me (though I liked one shot where he jumps out the window of Jojo's room - reminded me of the film version of Karlsson På Taket). The horror cliches applied when we first meet the Jewish girl, why? Pretty cringey, though I guess it's supposed to convey that he's really scared of Jews.

Come to think of it, the fact that they had to spell it out on the poster as an "Anti-hate satire".. I mean, even Dr. Strangelove, another Captain Obvious film, didn't do that. Heck, it precludes it from being satire almost by definition.

I always liked the German Beatles songs as much as the originals though, nice to hear "Komm gib mir deine Hand"

Btw, apparently some of the woke people hate this because nazism isn't funny and the film humanizes nazis / presents them as redeemable (an innocent boy). Not surprising, I guess, it was the same with Three Billboards, Green Book..

61 - 69 of 69 Posts