Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm opening this thread for Barça fans and, in fact, followers of fine football everywhere to pay tribute to Peter Dubovsky, who died in a tragic accident in Thailand this morning. He was one of the most honest, hard-working and intelligent foreign players ever to be seen in the Spanish league. My heart goes out to his family and friends as well as his many admirers in Oviedo and Madrid. He shall not be forgotten

·
Registered
271 Posts
Sh|t, are you serious?
What happened to him exactly?
This is very sad, whenever i saw him play he really impressed me.
I guess it just puts the game of football into context when the world is full of such more important issues like family tragedy.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oly, according to Spanish teletext, he fell down a waterfall while on holiday with his family. By the way,I forgot to mention all his Slovakian admirers in my dedication - sorry.

·
Registered
717 Posts
bad, bad news....

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Yup, things always are quite unexpected...one would never reckon in such a tragic accident would happen when he weaked up in the morning....:(
PS, he used to be a Real's player...how sad:(:(:( [sigh]

B

·
0 Posts
Soccer has to mourn the loss of a great player and person.
Really very, very sad news. Our hearts and thoughts should be with his family and friends right now. :( :(

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Thousands of people die every day from situtions like this...lets not forget that just because Dubavsky was a bit famous.I'd rather have my heart and soul with everyone in the world but this is not possible...:(

B

·
0 Posts
Hmmm, Amoroso is right. It´s weird that the death of a "celeb" seems to touch us more than the death of a "normal" person.

·
Registered
5,041 Posts
When you "know" (we don't really know him) someone to whom something happened, you're always more touched. Because then it gets closer, and is more real to you. Think about it: you're more touched by someone killed in your neighbourhood than some earthquake thousands of miles away killing 3000 people....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts