Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Welcome To Jamrock
9,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jamie Redknapp believes his Southampton team-mate Peter Crouch is the man to lead England to the 2006 World Cup.

:howler: :howler: :D!

·
Registered
6,845 Posts
Not quite yet, I don't think. ;)

He is still quite young though...24 I believe? And his game isn't really the type to deminish with age so it's always possible.

·
Registered
17,861 Posts
:howler:

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
12,813 Posts
JR obviously got hit on the head quite badly in the Spurs game at the weekend, and is still suffering concussion.

·
Xtratime's Head of Humour 2007
63,337 Posts
well he's better than Beattie and Smith and those two get in sometimes.

·
Registered
16,663 Posts
What do you want Jamie to say? Peter Crouch is shit and should not be allowed to play football as are the rest of the Southampton strikers.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
he's hit a bit of form. every striker must do sometime. didnt marcus stewart score 30 goals in the prem a couple of years ago, didnt michael ricketts have a brilliant start to his first prem season???? were they the solution ??? NO altho if he does get in the team he might displace glen johnson as the most useless player

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
why not? if heskey can play for england then everyone can.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts
Id have him playin for my team....he has an uncanny way to get open and score and rarely looses da ball :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,484 Posts
The thing that makes Peter Crouch stand out is his height. It's a real advantage on the pitch whether we want to admit it or not. Given the style that England play at the moment, he could prove to be useful.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
SM ONLINE said:
What do you want Jamie to say? Peter Crouch is shit and should not be allowed to play football as are the rest of the Southampton strikers.
I'd rather he shut up and didn't offer/wasn't asked his opinion. Every player at every club is going to have some bias so where's the point in asking? Some Liverpool fans will say Carra should be in the England side, some Everton fans will say Martyn, Villa fans will say Hendrie and Barry, Birmingham fans will say Heskey, Tottenham fans will say King, Norwich fans will say Green, Palace fans will say Johnson.......etc etc

While I'm not saying they're right or wrong, what I am saying is they are not going to shock too many people with their views so why put them in the papers?

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Peter Crouch could be usefull coming in the last 20 minutes for someone to hold up the ball if we are hanging on to a lead. Also usefull for set peices when both teams are tired and concentration on marking set plays is lacking. Crouch would of been usefull against France and Portugal in holding up the ball, more so than owen.

·
┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌&#874
14,769 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Jamie Redknapp:

................../´¯/)
................,/¯../
.............../..../
........./´¯/'...'/´¯¯·¸
....../'/..../.../..../¨¨/¯\
.....('(....´....´.....¯.;/'..')
......\.................'...../
.......'\'...\..........._.·´
.........\..............(
...........\.............\

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
FiveMagics said:
Peter Crouch could be usefull coming in the last 20 minutes for someone to hold up the ball if we are hanging on to a lead. Also usefull for set peices when both teams are tired and concentration on marking set plays is lacking. Crouch would of been usefull against France and Portugal in holding up the ball, more so than owen.
"Hanging on to a lead" is exactly what costs us all too often. Hoofing the ball towards some lanky twat is not a tactic I want to see us employ, if Crouch starts banging in 20 a season then give him a shout but not until

And of course our sh1te manager thinks he will win a trophy based on the fact that the only club he's failed to win a trophy at was Fiorentina! In two goes we've not got past the QFs, if we don't do better in 2006 I think he ought to look for another job

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
i remember Lee chapman, six foot plus, he scored lot of goals for Sheffield Wednesday,Leeds and Forest( in the eighties and early nineties), still if i remeber correctly he never played for england. once for leeds he scored a hatrick against the Liverpool ( the real liverpool, not the liverpool of Evans and Houllier). i don't remember where did he go form forest, possibly back to Wednesday.

also i think Clyde Allen scored almost 50 goals for Spurs in 86-87, but he only got a handful of call ups from Sir Bobby. the requirement for international football is quite different, not everyone is upto it.

·
Registered
4,508 Posts
Owzat said:
"Hanging on to a lead" is exactly what costs us all too often. Hoofing the ball towards some lanky twat is not a tactic I want to see us employ, if Crouch starts banging in 20 a season then give him a shout but not until

And of course our sh1te manager thinks he will win a trophy based on the fact that the only club he's failed to win a trophy at was Fiorentina! In two goes we've not got past the QFs, if we don't do better in 2006 I think he ought to look for another job
England naturally does that though, It is very annoying, but its a bad habit. Whenever English teams in europe have a lead with 35 minutes remaining you see them go into super defence mode while continental teams just retain the possesion while playin cool and simpple. Its a problem England shouldnt have the players to be retaining the ball and playing possesion football. Beckham here is a weak link aswell, whenever he gets into a bit of trouble he does one of his 50 yarders, he hasnt got the touch to play the kind of football we should strive for.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts