Xtratime Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:(

A valuable tool was taken away from Trap yesterday when Gianluca Pessotto was injured. The Juve full back will stay out of action for about 6 months and is, naturally, ruled out of the World Cup.

Pessotto was pretty valuable as he was a valid alternative for both sides of the pitch, both as full back and wing back. I suppose Trap will be taking Di Livio to replace him since Di Livio can also play on both sides.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
too bad Pessotto is out...i really liked this guy, but only when he played in NT.:)

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Another valuable player lost. He's not a flashy player but he's reliable as anything and has nearly always given good performances with the Nazionale, especially in Euro2000. The game against Uruguay might have been his last game in the blue shirt. :(

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
A big pity to lose Pessotto at this crucial stage. I kind of question the value of friendlies played at this late stage ... it's good practice for the teams, but where injuries result at this point in time... :(

·
Registered
17,028 Posts
well, do we really need to replace him. i mean, he is a left back, and we have coco and of course maldini can play there. two should be enough shouldnt it??

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
It could have been worse, sure Pessotto was a valuable team player but i didn't predict him to be a starter anyway. Now let's hope we won't see Di Livio replacing him atleast.

·
Registered
46,813 Posts
I'm sorry for the man, Pessotto, who won't participate in the last WC of his carreer. It is not easy for him to accept it.
As regards the team I think that if Totti or Vieri or Montella would get injured the situation would be much much worse.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
Don't you guys understand?

Pessotto is a key playyer in Nazionale are u guys crazy?

He fills on admirably whenever called on. I can't believe what i am hearing. U guys r behaving as if Pessotto is som eordinary player. Pessotto was a key back up player like a Panucci or a Materazzi. To lose him is just as crucial. Pessotto almost never plays bad games. Never flashy but always good and solid. This is a bad loss as is Albertini's

The world cup is looking bleak. No Chiesa Albertini Pessotto and Maldini Vieri and Totti still in doubt....this is not good especially with trap's refusal to call up people like Liverani and Oddo taking into account the inexperience of our midfield.

·
Xtratime Allstar
9,820 Posts
Maldini, Totti and Vieri will play. With our 11 best players starting and no injuries im sure we can go all the way, but if some key player would remain injured i'm not sure what to think anymore. Guys like Totti, Maldini and Vieri just can't be injured, if they will we'll most likely have to see more of guys like Del Piero, Adani and Delvecchio and those are typical players only beeing in the team cause they are Trap's favorites. I don't want these guys ruing my summer, im just tired of this Del Piero mania among our NT coaches, play Montella/Vieri. Period.

However i agree that Pessotto never makes bad matches, he's always reliable and is a perfect team player, he isn't spectacular but that's not his duty in the team anyway. He will surely be missed in the wc but his injury might give the opportunity to some younger player we haven't seen much in the NT yet.

·
Registered
15,555 Posts
IL TORO summed it up perfectly, Pessotto is not one of those world class players but you can always rely on him. Like Albertini it is very sad to see him go :(

1 - 10 of 10 Posts