Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys i have been playing fifa 2006 since november last year and now i am fed up with it as its just too boring....i m a massive lover of fifa and have been playing it since fifa 99 but now i wanna change over to winning 11/pes ......but i have a problem...i want to play a game which feels very realistic with the speed..i played pes 4 and passing is just too fast in it and although i really enjoyed it but it still wasnt all that realistic .....i was reading in some other thread that pes and winning 11 play differently as some of u said that it was only the name that was different whilst others said that their gameplay styles were also different.....so please advice me as to which one of these 2 shud i buy in which the game speed feels like real footbal[i.e is slower as i love la liga and serie a more thatn epl]........help

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
I think they are the same game but if you compare WE8 [which is PES 4] to PES5 [Winning Eleven 9] that might seem completely different game and I believe that is the common mistake people make.

Winning Eleven 8 or PES 4 is a faster game yet more unrealistic game to Winning Eleven 9 or PES 5. I own both PES 4 and PES 5, and recently decided to play PES 4 after playing PES 5 since it came out. The game was unrealistically fast and easy to me compared to the more slower and accurate PES 5, surprising how I didn't notice this when the game was new.

For now I would recommend you PES 5 while we patiently awaite PES 6 around October time :)

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
WE 8/PES 4 is way to easy for me, its abit like FIFA to me. Shooting from distance is easy to score while excuting redicules cruijf turn on every single player [including the crap/average ones]

·
Registered
520 Posts
I sometimes get bored playing PES5 as I'm winning every single game at least 3-0, and that's on the 6 star difficulty with Newcastle and still skinning the likes of Chelsea, Man United and (in the Champions League) Barcelona.

·
minasstr f posterior
10,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Danny_Vanquish said:
I sometimes get bored playing PES5 as I'm winning every single game at least 3-0, and that's on the 6 star difficulty with Newcastle and still skinning the likes of Chelsea, Man United and (in the Champions League) Barcelona.
eh i cant beat 3 stars at the moment :frustrat: won 2 lost something like 15 :scared: and drawn so many more but i cream em in 2 stars :lala:

·
First Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
42,192 Posts
any word yet about the new versions ?? and what is this PES manager game I heard and saw a video off :googly:

·
Registered
28,738 Posts
PES Management is out i think, its a decent game from what i've heard.

WE9 i really liked, it was harder and the game is slower meaning that you have to play more intelligently than just run down the centre of the pitch play a 1-2 and score ;)

·
Proud Juventino.
20,505 Posts
arfy05 said:
PES Management is out i think, its a decent game from what i've heard.

WE9 i really liked, it was harder and the game is slower meaning that you have to play more intelligently than just run down the centre of the pitch play a 1-2 and score ;)
the new R2 button (placing shot) and the new offside rule features rock also.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Andor said:
any word yet about the new versions ??
Pro Evolution Soccer 6 (PS3) is more than 70% complete.

Source: PSW Magazine

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Quick question to the pros in here:

I'm thinking of buying a good football game. I have Fifa 05, already played Fifa 06 and I also have WE7. My question is which one to buy: Fifa 06 or WE9?
Which is the most realistic? Which one is the most update as far as roasters are concerned etc...I'd want one where if I were to pick a club, I could play not only within that same season the league games, but also continental games (say CL in Europe and Libertadores in SA).

So, which ones would you recommend? Thanks. :)

Cheers.;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
OK here we go, FIFA has a very good Career mode where you start from the lower leagues and work your way up opening up opportunities to play as bigger clubs and if you were to win the domestic Cup competition, you'd be playing the UEFA Cup as the small team.

So it's a realistic Career mode but for the more realistic gameplay, WE wins hands down. You still have to edit the player and team names for a lot of them apart from teams from Spain, Italy and Holland and the Master League mode is also good as it lets you play in the UEFA Cup and Champions League depending on your final League standing or if you win the Cup.

Overall, gameplay wins it so I suggest going for Winning Eleven.

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thank you Danny. Just one more question: in WE, can one play say in the Brasilian league and be able to play the Libertadores and the state championship as well as the national league? That's my main concern as I want to be as realistic as possible.

Cheers.;)

·
Legend
17,146 Posts
Thank you Danny. Just one more question: in WE, can one play say in the Brasilian league and be able to play the Libertadores and the state championship as well as the national league? That's my main concern as I want to be as realistic as possible.

Cheers.;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts