Xtratime Community banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peruzzi wants German ticket Wednesday 1 March, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lazio ‘keeper Angelo Peruzzi is optimistic that he will be selected for the 2006 World Cup Finals.

The veteran has been omitted from the latest Italy squad, with Marcello Lippi opting for Gigi Buffon, Marco Amelia and Morgan De Sanctis for tonight’s German friendly.

Nevertheless, the custodian – who worked under Lippi at both Juventus and Inter – is hoping to get the call that matters.

“Italy already have a first-choice in Buffon, who is on the way back to his best after his performance in the Champions League,” the Roman stated.

“I just hope that I am one of three goalkeepers who go to Germany. Lippi has explained to me that he needs to try out other people and it is only right that he does that.”

Peruzzi is undoubtedly still one of the peninsula’s best shot-stoppers and has been a major influence in his side’s encouraging campaign.

Nevertheless, he’s called on his teammates to not throw away their efforts by failing to react in the proper manner following their 2-0 derby defeat on Sunday.

“It is time to roll our sleeves up and look forward,” he encouraged. “We lost a really important game against Roma, but we now need to focus on Chievo.

“We are doing well this term and it is important that we don’t ruin everything that we have achieved to date in the last two months of the season.”

The 36-year-old added that he will make a decision on whether to hang up his gloves at the end of the campaign. “I’ll think about it in three months,” he concluded.

channel4

1 - 1 of 1 Posts