Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First it was Nakata(Japan), now Ahn Jung-hwan(S.Korea) and next week Ma Ming Yu(Chinese). Perugia is becoming the starting point for all Asians entering the Serie A. Personally I think this is great, a couple of years ago there would have been no chance of seeing an Asian in Italy but now we are inviting diversity into our league and I think that is a good thing.
What do you people think?

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Maybe this is pure business, because when they bought Nakata and he did well Perugia became one of the biggest teams in Japan, and now they are trying the same in other Asian countries.

Why do you think Roma bought Nakata ??
they already had Totti to play in his position.

A

·
0 Posts
Hmm..

Perugia's President...hmm..
I wanna asked him,"Why Perugia buys Ma Ming Yu?"
Ma Ming Yu is not young...
and Chinese soccer is not good...

[Edited by A.Nesta on 27-07-2000 at 17:31]

N

·
0 Posts
I think it's a mixture of business and talent. Asian soccer has been on the rise in the last few years. It's still far behind other soccer nations but there will always be a bright star for any place. Nakata's success has increased exposure to Asian soccer. Now I believe there are more increased numbers of Asian players playing abroad(Spain, Portugal and etc...). Business wise, I think it's probably good money for the team. However I don't understand why Perugia is off loading the core of his team. Rapjac, Olive, and some other players have been sold and it just puzzles me.

Also it makes sense for small teams(Genoa,Perugia, Venezia) to tap into this pool of talent. (I"ve also heard that Leece was interested in Nakamura but these talks have died down.) It probably costs far less to get these players and the return will be bigger from merchandising and TV rights and hopefully from their individual talent as well. At the same time these new comers obviously needs playing time, and it gives them a starting position or on the first team.

Unfortunately for Nakata, I think he made the wrong move. But I'm still excited about this year for Roma and I hope he can start games rather than watching him on the bench.

cheers,

PS. Ya know before Nakata, Kazu Miura was the first Asian to play in Serie A for Genoa during 94-95 season.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Yes we know, isn't he the one who has scored most goals on the japanese national team ??

Yes we know that it's a mixture of talent and business, and I think that the reason why Perugia are off loading there best players is becuae they don't want to stay with the team, they want new challenges.

H

·
0 Posts
Ma Ming Yu was bad at Korea vs China,today.
I want to know why Perugia plan to buy Ma Ming Yu.
He is old and bad shooting and slow.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
Hwang18, what was the score (Korea-China)?

H

·
0 Posts
Korea beat China 1-0 in Beijin,China. 28/07/00

Korean members almost Olympic members.
Chinese members are there Best A national members.

Korea 1 - 51' Lee Young-Pyo(as:Lee Chun-soo)
China 0

1 - 9 of 9 Posts