Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
9,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We already do have Juve-Siena thread...but let's don't forget that we have to play Perugia tomorrow.

I don't have much time to write, so I will just this:

Let's kick some ass...

FORZA JUVE!:cool: :strong:

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Good job Nyuka. While the coppa is not the first priority it certainly merits conversation. For instance- I'm pleased that we have a dirt cheap way to the semi's on paper :).

Yeah... likely returns for Thuram, Tacchi and Legrottaglie. Unless Trez or DP fell out of favour for not getting the job done at the weekend- we should see Miccoli and Di Vaio. I gather Lippi will persist with his new invention of fielding Zalayeta as a winger...

Personally I think Conte will retain his place in the first 11 for serieA on the back of his last performance. Possible team:

----------Chimenti
Thuram Legro Iuliano Pessotto
-----Tacchinardi Appiah
Zalayeta------------Maresca
-------Di Vaio Miccoli

But it's also very possible that Tudor has a role in this.

We should win by the odd couple... as this team, at Delle Alpi, with the backing of 383 vociferous lunatics... ought to be too much for ze bottom dwellers.

Objectives:
A: Win in a way that leaves the away leg meaningless.
B: Get the returning players going.
C: Play well...

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
A win seems normal IMO.Let's hope Lippi will field DV and Miccoli together with Maresca.Like Glen said will Zala perhaps again be fielded on a flank.Something tells me that it won't be easy at Perugia,never has been and never will be :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Here arethe players that have been call:

Tacchinardi (3), Tudor (5), Pessotto (7), Miccoli (9), Chimenti (12), Iuliano (13), Maresca (14), Birindelli (15), Camoranesi (16), Appiah (18), Zambrotta (19), Di Vaio (20), Thuram (21), Legrottaglie (23), Zalayeta (25), Mirante (22), Benjamin (41), Boudianski (32), Palladino (45) e Konko (43).

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Glen said:
Thanks :) - but unfortunately A: did not make any sense, as I thought we were playing the first leg at home :eek: .
yeah I know, but I still want a good performance. Pop in a couple of road goals, and just coast and have fun at home. I hope.:D

·
MVP
8,982 Posts
Glen said:
We should win by the odd couple... as this team, at Delle Alpi, with the backing of 383 vociferous lunatics... ought to be too much for ze bottom dwellers
383!! LOL :howler: :dielaugh:

although it's a shame the Coppa Italia is so undermined....I mean watching the Milan-Roma match last night...at an empty San Siro. It really pisses me off, coz in almost every country whether it's the Coupe de France, FA Cup, Copa del Rey...even the Amstel Cup....most countries take those tournaments seriously, except in Italy :(

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
I agree, I do not know why the Coppa Italia is thought of so low.
I just hope that like lately, it gets more recognition.
But its true, until 3 years ago, Coppa Italia was nothing almost.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Don'ty really have time to speculate on the team line up as I have a bloody exam in approx an hour and 1/2.

Just wanna say I hope we trump them coupled with a convincing display!

FORZA JUVE!!!!!

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
The propable lineup as indicated by the last team training is the same as the one I posted above, with the exception that Tudor starts instead of Appiah.

In any case... what Ralford said :). Looking at the team creativity really has to come from the M&M duo, although Zalayeta has been quite good when getting a chance this season. Di Vaio is hopefully able to profit from their work.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
I'm gonna watch this match. Won't be easy with Buffon, Nedved and Di Vaio missing. Renato Curi is a tough pitch to visit.

·
Registered
57,648 Posts
HT 1-0 Zalayeta from a cross by Legro.

Juve surely the better side in this half and could have scored 2 or 3 more. Total control of the midfield. Maresca is playing in Nedved's role.

Line-up is strong : Chimenti, Pessotto, Thuram, Iuliano, Legro, Tacchinardi, Appiah, Maresca, Di Vaio, Miccoli and Zalayeta.

Perugia have fielded a weakened line-up !!! No Kalac, Tedesco, Ze Maria, Margiotta, Bothroyd, Obodo and Diamoutene !!

Their Goalie, Pardini was the best player in this half. Chimenti not tested so far. Great game for Miccoli and Tacchinardi.

Should be an easy win.

I Predict 3-0

·
Registered
22,168 Posts
Juve leads 1-0 at half time. ZALAYETA got the goal in the last minute of the first half.

Scrappy game, more like a training session (says Kataweb) with Juve having had the better opportunities in an otherwise even game.

We've been OK on the left hand side (M&M), but the "play well" objective... can't be said to have been met.

2nd half just started.

NB: The news I posted earlier were wrong. Appiah plays instead of Tudor, and for the first time in ages I've gotten a pre-match squad 100% correct :eek: ;) .

1 - 20 of 36 Posts