Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
01/02/2004. A very active Perugia have today confirmed that Karagounis, Okan and Colonnese will be heading towards the Umbria squad.

Gaucci's club confirmed this through their official website: "On the front of the negotiations of players joining the club, we confirm there are agreements with Inter and Lazio for the transfer of the midfielders Karagounis and Okan and the defender Colonnese. The agreements will be perfected in the next hours."

This is superb. Perugia is sympa mid-table team with classy players. My god this is a very exciting move. What about their line-up now?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So current Perugia of Cosmi:

----------- Kalac ---------
Diamoutene - Di Loreto - Ignoffo
Ze Maria - Tedesco - Obodo - Gatti - Grosso
--------- Bothroyd - Margiotta

Well, Vryzas left so Bothroyd is back in starting line-up and I believe he'll play better, he has impressed me. (Not that he was superb but he looked very talented.)

Skillful Berrettoni on the bench.

Midfield? Fusani is able to play instead of Grosso, Genvenier instead of Tedesco or Gatti, there was also one young play (I forgot the name) who impressed me in Coppa Italia. Well, where with Karagounis? Al posto di Gatti?

And Okan where? Ze Maria to defence and he on the right or he in midfield too?

Where with Colonnese?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe. And there is also Coly :rolleyes:, young defender (but unexperienced) Alioui and I forgot that young midfielder- his name is MICHELE BOLDRINI (01/02/1985). Believe me, he has future.

Oh, just noticed that he was born in the same day like GaGa was :eek:. That means something ;).

So do you think it will be 4-4-2 Arianna?

·
Fine Gentlemen
15,599 Posts
Gatti has to make space for Colonnese...a flat back 4 is the way to go...Perugia will defeinetly now get themselves out of trouble...and back up there to fight for UEFA Cup spots like they always do. :)

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really don't know but it would be :( to change the system. It's relatively flexible that Cosmi' 3-5-2. Wing-midfielders (Grosso and Ze Maria) are in sometimes defenders (or one of them) and sometimes wings. left central midfielder and right central midfielder are closed to flanks while attacking and all in centre while defending. I haven't seen them many times but last time Perugia - Chievo in Coppa Italia- I really was impressed with that system.

Why Grosso to Inter? They have Kily, Pasquale, Coco, Brechet :D...

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
rumors say that grosso is going to INTER as okan and karagounis going to perugia...

this is cool... :cool:

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
Bresciano said:
Why Grosso to Inter? They have Kily, Pasquale, Coco, Brechet :D...
we need a left wing back...kily isn't...pasquale is rumored going to lazio on loan as part of the stankovic deal...coco can only be seen in the hospital...brechet sucks...

we do need grosso... :fero:

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Yeah, you definitely need Grosso because your other 3 left backs are not enough... :rolleyes:

With Ze Maria and apparently Grosso leaving, I guess Perugia will look like that:

Kalac

Coly/Nastos - Colonnese - Di Loreto - Louboutis

Okan - Tedesco - Obodo/Gatti

Karagounis

Margiotta - Boythroyd

Karagounis is class, and Okan will be useful, but I don't think Perugia will survive... Their strikers are VERY average.

·
XT Post Number King
111,120 Posts
if coco doesn't get hurt too much, pasquale remains, and brechet improves his plays, then we obviously won't need grosso...however, these are unlikely to happen...

i don't even remember when was the last time coco played...

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
So Coco is injured. Aren't you still 2 left backs away from actually being in need of a left back?

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for your opinion Amo. I think you're right as always but I can't agree with this:
AMOROSO! said:
Their strikers are VERY average.
They aren't and they will survive! And Diamoutene will play instead of Coly who was real crap so far. And I'm afraid he's left footed.

·
Registered
26,731 Posts
Well, Margiotta is definitely average, and Boythroyd is far from being the finished article. Vryzas and Berettoni are gone...

If we're talking about Ferdinand Coly, the Senegalese defender, he is definitely right footed. This doesn't mean you're not right about Diamoutene playing though.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AMOROSO! said:
Well, Margiotta is definitely average, and Boythroyd is far from being the finished article. Vryzas and Berettoni are gone...
One striker will come as they announced.
AMOROSO! said:
If we're talking about Ferdinand Coly, the Senegalese defender, he is definitely right footed.
I don't know. He played for Perugia in Coppa instead of Ze Maria as a RM (Diamoutene and Coly on the pitch at the same time) but I remembered him from EURO as a left defender. I'm probably wrong.

·
Registered
23,142 Posts
Bresciano said:
One striker will come as they announced.
I don't know. He played for Perugia in Coppa instead of Ze Maria as a RM (Diamoutene and Coly on the pitch at the same time) but I remembered him from EURO as a left defender. I'm probably wrong.
Coly is a right defender...but u know...sometimes Cosmi is like Spalletti and use his player in different positions

1 - 20 of 55 Posts